Maryland-Baltimore
Options

DuClaw in Fells Point

So...we are looking at Duclaw for our rehearsal dinner. We will have around 30 people, and can't afford to pay more than $15-20pp without tax and gratuity. As you can tell, we have a pretty low budget and it would be a Sat. night. I've tried pretty much anywhere, but if you have any suggestions let me know. The main point of writing is to warn you all to stay away from this place. It took THREE MONTHS for the party planner person there to get back to me, after several emails and phone messages. She is terrible at correspondence and between her and the girl that answers the phone, are two of the snarkiest people I've ever met. I would love to take away the hundreds of dollars we are paying them and tell her off for satisfaction, but we don't have many choices at this point. So, just a warning not to go there if you were considering it, not worth the headache...grrr.

Re: DuClaw in Fells Point

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you've had a bad experience w/them.I do have to say, they were in the running for our rehearsal dinner spot and they were nothing but nice and professional w/us.  That being said - I'm not sure if we worked w/the same person.I think bmorebride is having hers there as well - I wonder what her experience has been.sorry to hear about your headaches - what a pain!
  • Options
    jkouveljkouvel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so you have or haven't booked them for your RD? if you haven't booked them and they are that terrible, are you open to other options? they were bad getting back to us when we were looking so we went with red star, although they might be above your price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We contacted the DuClaw in Bel Air and never got a response, so we moved on. I'm sorry you're having such an issue. I agree, if you haven't booked with them, I'd move on and quick!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In their defense I just got an e-mail from the previous catering person (Danyell) and she's no longer the contact...maybe that's the reason for the recent delays.  Maybe they had something going on..not sure  Every time I have contacted them/her they were very helpful and always responded pretty quickly...we've booked them and are very happy with it so far!  I have the contact info for the new person if you want to e-mail me...kreese1@umbc.edu  I wouldnt rule it out just yet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had really bad service at DuClaw in Fell's all four times I've been there, and when we tried to arrange a (much smaller) dinner for prospective grad students the customer service was a nightmare.  I won't even go there for dinner anymore.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sweet now I am freaking out...oh well this is now for FMIL to deal with I guess
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards