New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Vendor concerns...

Hi! Hopegully I am just panicing for nothing, but figured I would ask anyway.How much contact have any of you had with your vendors after you gave them a deposit to hold the date? Any?Also if you have a question, how soon should they respond back? (I get that it may take longer since they already have your business, but how long shoiuld a reply usually take? Monday just finished, I sent the email in question on thursday morning)

Re: Vendor concerns...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm thats a good question... Well IMO especially this time of year is probably a busy one for wedding vendors so they could have possibly had a wedding friday-sunday and a lot of places are closed on Monday I know my venue is.  Did you try calling? I hope it works out fo you.GL
  • Options
    bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry! I have no contact with my photographer, dj, etc since we met with them and gave them a deposit.  I was not planning on contacting them until a month or so before hand to iron out all the details.  The dj probably a little earlier just to give and go over a play list.    I would try to call them, sometimes emails go to spam.
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would wait until tomorrow and then place a follow up phone call. The vendor may have been busy with weddings over the weekend. Being over 10 months out still you shouldn't need to really be in contact with any vendors, but they should definitely respond to any questions/ideas you send them.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We put our deposit down on the reception venue in August 2008. We didn't sit down or really talk to anyone until July of this year (our wedding is in October). Although, if I did have a question or concern the venue personnel emailed me back within 24 hrs. As for the DJ, I sent him a deposit in October 2008, and just spoke to him for the first time since then on Monday, we will be meeting next week. I was a little anxious about all of this stuff and people not contacting me, but I relazied that they didn't need to speak to me until 3 or less months away. It was a little unnerving because I'm a little neurotic sometimes. Don't stress though, maybe the person you emailed is out on vacation. Give it another day, then try to call.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As pp said, this is their busy time of year so at least give them til the end of today.  In the summer, vendors can have events Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I don't think it's unusual for them to either be closed on Monday or not respond to emails either.  I think when you're further out, you aren't really their top priority at the moment as they are concentrating on the brides who are a lot sooner, but if you have a question you can try to call again if you don't hear from them by tomorrow.  I wouldn't worry though as you are so far out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He just emailed me back! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had no contact with my vendor since the deposit and im not worried. Do you have a contact with them? I really am not sure about your situation sorry that i am no help!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • Options
    Jenniferk08Jenniferk08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you placed a deposit i would assume a contract was signed. never give money without some sort of contract in place. if it was not signed i would go there this weekend and get one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mrs.AllyHMrs.AllyH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi Terri!.. Breathe a little bit!I know that you have poured every ounce of yourself into this wedding- that was apparent with your venue search. Not only is this a busy time of year, but vendors do actually go on vacation as well, in which case they should have put up an e-mail responder. Also please try to remember, that you're not their only wedding in the next year. They could have 40 other brides that are also e-mailing them, plus the parents of those brides, plus potential clients. I have a few vendor friends that get up to 100 e-mails a day. They typically set aside 1-2hrs responding to them. If they can't get through them in that day, and they've run out of time, they push it to the next day. I'd say if you haven't heard back from them in a week, then contact them. I also don't suggest that you send e-mails on Thursday or Friday. Vendors are getting a ton of e-mails from the brides of that week and other vendors they need to coordinate with :) Just a suggestion there. It's not that they're taking the weekend off and just not calling you, the weekends-they work. And I can tell you that after a wedding, come Sunday, I only answer e-mails that are super easy, or that are regarding events that fall within the next month. If you don't hear back from them in a week, then I'd suggest calling them just to check that they got the e-mail in the first place- who knows, sometimes e-mails get shuffled right to our trash accidentally.How is the rest of your planning coming along? Have you been enjoying?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards