New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Crowne Plaza or Hilton Rye Town? Please help :)

My wedding is in New Rochelle but the New Ro hotels will only let me reserve a block of 20 rooms.  I definitely need more than that.  The Crowne Plaza and the Rye Town Hilton have offered me much a much larger block and better price.

I've been to the Hilton many times when I was younger and am guessing it's still a very nice hotel given that they just underwent renovations.  I would be very happy here but there's not much night life.

The Crowne Plaza is located so close to the bars in White Plains and we have a group that sometimes likes to go out and party after the reception.  Has anyone used the Crowne Plaza for their wedding guests and if so, how was it?

Does anyone think one hotel is much better than the other?

Thank you!!

Re: Crowne Plaza or Hilton Rye Town? Please help :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I checked out both when I was looking for a hotel too.
     My wedding is also in New Rochelle.

The Rye Town Hilton is very close to where I live and I was going to go check it out after I heard good reviews. My fiance's friend booked them for his wedding last summer and had great things to say. I believe he even got his room free for the wedding night. (Not sure if they did this as a gesture or because he booked a certain number of rooms) I didn't personally go there though, but I considered it.
    Since you've been there when you were younger I would say go visit it now. They will give you a tour and show you the rooms. There wasn't a real reason why I didn't book them...

***Your Quote: The Crowne Plaza is located so close to the bars in White Plains and we have a group that sometimes likes to go out and party after the reception.  Has anyone used the Crowne Plaza for their wedding guests and if so, how was it?***

I DID book the The Crowne Plaza. We went to tour it and decided to book them (not on the spot-we thought about it first and I told them a few days later). I agree with you-there is shopping, dining and more nightlife around the Crowne Plaza's location.This was a factor in our desicion and also we are doing a brunch on Sunday for our guests staying there and we got the information we needed for that too. The rate that they gave us was not bad. Our guests are staying two nights (Friday night before wedding, and night of wedding) So with that in mind I wanted it to be reasonable. I booked 15 rooms.

I would say definitely go on a tour though. If you want, I will give you the name of my contact there. You can email her and set up a time. She will respond to you quickly and give you all the info you need.

Feel free to PM me and I will give you her name and email.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we used the crowne plaza. they were awesome. gave us a great price and were very accommodating. the staff there is awesome. we stayed the night before and the night of our wedding. when we came back from the wedding to the hotel they had put champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our suite. really nice of them. the staff was friendly and great overall. highly recommend them! we also went out after the wedding, it's about a 5 minute walk to mamaroneck ave. 

i haven't been to the rye town hilton in ages so i can't comment on them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both, that's very helpful!  I'm going to try to go this weekend to check out the hotel in person.

@Psichick - did you find the ride to be too long after the reception from the Surf Club back to the hotel or did everyone seem pretty fine with it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LeyLey-replied to your PM!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I wrote you back too
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_crowne-plaza-hilton-rye-town-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:bb9bcdc3-4ca2-4e3b-af6e-058461c0821ePost:b1b2855b-f448-4bc9-a844-cd75004a14be">Re: Crowne Plaza or Hilton Rye Town? Please help :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you both, that's very helpful!  I'm going to try to go this weekend to check out the hotel in person. @Psichick - did you find the ride to be too long after the reception from the Surf Club back to the hotel or did everyone seem pretty fine with it?
    Posted by LeyLey82[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>The Rye Town Hilton is kinda run down... I've always like the crowne plaza for weddings.  Plus there's a bunch of good brunch places in walking distance to the CP</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards