Georgia-Savannah
Options

Square Wedding **Need Advice**

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in one of through squares. We are having an immediate family-only ceremony & dinner (approx. 12 guests). I chose Franklin Square because it is close to the river and hotel. Is this a good place for a wedding? From photos online, it looks to be close to a lot of traffic. There will only be about 12 guests so there will be no chairs....everyone will be standing. 2). After our 5-10 min. ceremony, I wanted to have dinner some place nice, preferably within walking distance from the square and/or by the river. Any suggestions? Oh! Our wedding date is Friday, May 11, 2012. 3). We will do champagne toast during dinner at the restaurant. Instead of a cake, I was thinking about a display of cake pops. Any bakery recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Re: Square Wedding **Need Advice**

• Options
    Try Vic's on the River for dinner and for the bakery you can't go wrong with Rumrunners.  They are the BEST!
  • Options
    Ask for AJ if you go with Vic's.  He is a client of mine and run Vic's!
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! 
  • Options
    I do not suggest Franklin Square at all for a wedding ceremony. It is very close to a lot of trafiic.  It is also known as the "homeless sqaure" because the homeless in the area congregate here.  There are several churches who meet there to feed the homeless every Saturday morning.  It is also a place where people come to pick up day laborers.

Vics is a great place for dinner with family after.  I also recomend jazz'd, Cha Bella, Churchill's or Rock's on the River. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh wow! Thank you so much for the advice! Can you please recommend a square that would be good for a wedding? I literally chose that square from a map of downtown Savannah. Any suggestions or help would be great! Thank you!
  • Options
    Whitefield Square has a gazebo that would make for a nice backdrop...or there's Chippewa Square where "Forrest Gump" sat on his bench (which is no longer there).
  • Options
    Chippewa is where I'm getting married!  It is lovely.  We also almost went with the Monterey Square which is front of Mercer House where Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil was filmed.  I liked that more but my venue is going to beside Chippewa.
  • Options
    Rum Runners would be a good place to get cake pops.
  • Options
    The squares listed above are great squares.  I also recomend Telfair, Maddison, Wright, Calhoun and Montgomery. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards