Wedding Reception Forum
Options

HELP.......Centerpiece ideas

So over the weekend I found these vases at Ikea. But I need help figuring out what to do with them. I want to use the vases as centerpieces and I need about 30 centerpieces. I am looking for maybe doing 2+ different designs so they are not all the same on the tables. Though maybe fill bottom with small colored rocks, fill with water and put floating candles on top. I am not creative at all so I need help from everyone. picture of vase: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00017133Thanks for your ideas!

Re: HELP.......Centerpiece ideas

• Options
    Michales has their rocks on sale for $1 per bag (down from 2.49 per bag).  That's the best price I have seen even compared to buying second hand.
  • Options
    pp- try fish tank rocksop- I like that indent waist how about a ribbon around that with a floating candle above a submerged flower all the way at the bottom
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas ladies! I went to Michael's and bought ice blue and clear gems. I love the idea of the submerged flowers. What kind do i use? Real or Fake? I am so clueless at all of this! Thanks everyone for your help!
  • Options
    I still dont know what colors I want. I bought blue & white colored gems. But I know I can exchange them for different colors if I change my mind. I am having a early fall wedding (September 3rd 2010) so i thought maybe tiffany blue and brown. But honestly I have no idea...ask me again tomorrow and I'll have a different color in mind.....AHHH!!! decisions, decisions!! Anyone have any color ideas too??
  • Options
    Sorry I bought blue and clear gems not white ones!
  • Options
    I thought of doing submerged flowers but I think it all depends on what kind of flower you are using.  I tried with roses and what unsuccessful.  I tried using fishing weights and everything. 
  • Options
    Fake flowers work well submerged and they look real. What are your colors? Do you have a budget in mind for the centerpieces? You can always do a mix of fake submerged flowers and fresh arrangements since you mentioned you wanted more than one design.
  • Options
    I am doing my own centerpieces and am using large hurricane vases with brown rocks on the bottom and two submerged orange lily stems in the vase with a floating candle on top. I found this very easy to do and the lillies look great, even after a couple of days in water. I cut one stem really short so it was almost on the bottom of the vase and the second I kept a little longer. I read somewhere that you can use aquarium glue to keep them from floating up, but I simply tucked the stems underneath the rocks and they stayed just fine...even sitting on my dining room table for a week! Orchids work well in water also. On another note....I am getting all my vases & supplies from Michaels. Everytime you buy something, they give you a 40% off coupon to use the next week on one item. So I bought three vases on three different trips in one week at full price and have been getting three per week ever since, each of them 40% off! In three weeks, I'll be all stocked up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards