Maine
Options

real wedding: portland?

Hey, I was browsing the real weddings on Knot and saw the wedding for Nicole and Raul in Portland.  I can't for the life of me figure out where their reception is located.  It looks like a mill or something, but I love it!  Anyone know?P.S. the reception finding is not going great.  We thought Mariners was very nice, but more formal than we originally imagined.  We are having trouble imagining Casco Bay lines, and the tent would work, but the whole parking/ porta potty/ noise complaint from the band possible-fiasco is starting to worry me.  I feel like I have been ALL OVER the internet trying to find places and it is just so frustrating!  We don't live down there, so we can't just go check stuff out after work- it has to be a 3 hour commute there, and another 3 hours back, and of course like $40 in gas.  AAAH.  As always, suggestions are greatly welcomed:)  Think laid back, oceany, party.  July 10th baby!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: real wedding: portland?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck. We had a hard time finding a decent venue in the Portland area and we decided on Mariners. That is where we are having our ceremony and reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just checked out thier pics to see where it is but I can't figure it out. I work right in town Portland, but I can't figure out where it is. Good luck with your search though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bea & Co.35 Clifford StreetPortland & all of Maine(207) 807-8704under the photo credits on the main page, it says this is where it is...  I've never heard of it, but it appears you can get more info from their page too...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Verillos or Italian Heritage? I live up in Bangor and am getting married in Wells so I know your dilemma well. My friend got married in Verillos and it was really nice and pretty inexpensive. We were going to go with Italian Heritage but couldn't find a ceremony cite that we liked close by. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Portland Company, Building 6. I think that is it. I looked into this place. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bea & Co. is the event planning company that put the wedding together, not the building it's actually in. I believe jdiamon is right, it's a Portland Company building.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There was a building down on the waterfront being converted into a rental/event space. I think it was near Joes Oyster house or something... GL
    image The way life should be-
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all!  After much stressing and going almost blind from staring at my computer screen, I think we are going to go with Mariner's.  It was much nicer in person than on the website, the guy we talked to was really nice and accommodating, and it will be WAY less work than a tent.  For all you others booking Mariner's, we should swap decorating ideas!  I want to hang yellow lanterns from the vaulted ceiling, but I haven't quite figured out how yet- maybe some sort of fishing line situation?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jd72878jd72878 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm usually on the nest, but poke in everyone once in awhile.  We had our reception at Mariner's.  Page me if you have any questions!  I think my married bio is still up and running if you want to see pics!  GL!
    Our Abby Jean

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    AAAH your wedding looks so much like what we want!  I'm all about the trolly, but I don't think we need it for 4 hours.  How did you do it?Also, some of your review of Mariner's was cut off on my screen.  Any other words of wisdom?  THANKS!!!  you can email me too, if you don't want to say something on here.  bethany.asquith@umit.maine.eduTHANKS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards