Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Best Beauty secret

What tricks did you do or are you doing to look your best on your wedding day? Please share with me products, services, treatments, or weight loss secrets. TIA  

Re: Best Beauty secret

• Options
    GogalinaGogalina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boot camp instructor told me about a 7 day cleanse that jump starts your metabolism & helps you burn more fat. You avoid the following foods for 7 days: 1) sugar, 2) artificial sweetener (no Splenda, Sweet-n-Low, but Stevia is ok), 3) dairy, 4) red meat, 5) alcohol, 6) processed foods (nothing from a box), & 7) caffeine. I did it for 7 days before I went to Cancun & it worked wonders! I'm actually doing it this week & today is day #2. :o) You get an overall toned look & your belly goes bye bye. When cleansing, I found it helpful to shop on the outskirts of the grocery store rather than in the individual aisles. the aisles tend to carry all the non-cleanse foods. Good luck!
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like a radical diet.  Not sure I could follow it :) I like chocolates too much.    My weight loss secret is fiber. You can get it at any grocery store and add it to any of your foods without tasting it.  Fiber binds with fats in your digestive track, and you poop them out.  It's really great for lowering cholesterol too.  Honestly the drink mixes are not bad at all, but people have a weird mental thing about them.  If you aren't up for it, try a diet high in fiber (oats, broccoli)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cleaner earing, fiber and LOTS of water worked for me. But that cleanse seems not so scary, as opposed to the lemon-water-cayenne pepper-starve-yourself-until-you-hallucinate cleanse I always hear about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cleaner eating*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha :-D I was just about to google cleaner earing. Celsius I love your take on the cayenne pepper/lemon water diet. LOL
  • Options
    mresendezmresendez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As for diets: We are supposed to eat 7-13 servings of fruits and vegetables daily. I had to do this for a few days for my nutrition class. Not only is it high in fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and lots of other great stuff, but you will actually eat junk because you are filling up on good stuff. I had a snickers in my purse that I was going to eat after I finished my apple that I had to eat. Needless to say, the snickers never left my purse.As for makeup: My new favorite trick is using a highliter on the inside corners of my eyes. I use the eye highliter by smashbox for brown eyes, and I love it. It gives you a really fresh, pretty look.As for hair: I love shine spray. This is definitely not for everyone. But I have very dry, often frizzy hair. Shine spray helps keep it silky and makes it look much healthier. I still use lots of conditioner, but this is a great way to give your hair a little extra help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the great tips!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't help you out with diets as I have digestive issues and have to be careful what I eat.  But since I am getting married in 10 days, I can tell you what I have been doing:Bi Weekly facials - at home worksSpray tanning (it's my new best friend!!!)FI gives me back & neck rubs at least 2 times a weekMani/Pedi for the last month or soDrink LOTS and LOTS of water...you will be amazed what that does for your skinI have been using the Cindy Crawford line of facial cleansers that my mother bought me about a month ago and it's great.I also use Bare Minerals exclusively.  I have been for 3 years and LOVE ITMOST IMPORTANTLY, find time for yourself and RELAX...at least once a week, take some time by yourself for yourself.  When FI is out on appts or our shooting weddings/engagements like tonight, I stop at my favorite sushi place, get some take sushi to go, come home and eat, then take a nice long bath, read a few chapters of a book, shave, and just RELAX.
  • Options
    vmilesicvmilesic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Great post! I have a few tips of all time: - If your polish cap won't move, wrap a rubber band around it for a better grip.- If you want your manicure to last longer, when you remove polish with acetone, wash each nail with soap and dry well. Wipe again with polish remover. This gets rid of any oils that prevet polish from adhering completely. It works!!! Also, if you are using a red polish, when you take it off, your nail won't have that red stained color. And, to reduce the color from bleeding into the base of the nail or fingers, brush cuticle oil on each nail. The oil creates a barrier that keeps the color from penetrating the skin as you rub it away. All of these steps really work.. I follow this process everytime I do my own manicures. Also - the only thing I really splurge on is pedicures, every two weeks. Oh, and I have massages regulary because my insurance covers it and I go to a chiropractor that doesn't charge me a copay since I've been going for a long time. I have bunch of more tips.. if anyone needs any :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for sharing all of your beauty secrets with me ladies! :-) I can't wait to get started on them. Since you were so generous to share with me I thought I would do the same for you ;-) Every morning I make a smoothie for breakfast that is packed with antioxidants, probiotics, is good for your skin and digestion. 1/2 cup frozen blueberries1/2 cup organic, not from concentrate, not artificial sweeteners added grape juice (from sprouts)1/2 cup Lifeway lowfat plain Kefir* I just added today 1tbsp of hemp seed (it is a complete protein) & has a ton of essential fatty acids I love to meditate - great for mental health. I love to exercise -  I run 200 step, then walk 200 steps for 30 min on the treadmill 3-5 days a week. Then do abs, arms, and legs with free weights. I also try to rebound for 3 minutes every morning. I drink A LOT of water, no soda. I try to eat as many fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and protein avoiding simple carbs, processed sugars and processed foods as much as possible. A cup of hot water with 1/2 lemon squeezed in it is great first thing in the morning for digestion and metabolism. Lemon is also great for the skin! A few time a week a squeeze a wedge onto a cotton pad and wipe it on my face. I leave it for as long as my schedule permits then wash and follow with philosophy face products. I love their vitamin C serum. I hope that you find these tips as helpful as I have found yours. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards