Snarky Brides

Juniors clothes

There's a lively discussion today on the toddler board about women wearing Juniors clothes. Do you shop in the Juniors department?My answer is no.
image Ready to rumble.

Re: Juniors clothes

• Does Old Navy count as a juniors department? In that case, yes.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • I bet that is the same chick that I b*tched about the other day.  "Clothing sizes are geared toward the fatter American population.  It's so unfair." I want to sit on her.
  • ::hangs head in shame:: I actually have bought some undies and shirts from the jr section.
  • Consider Juniors clothes items that come in odd #'s--3,5,7,9. Based on that, I don't think Old Navy is Juniors.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I haven't had juniors' hips since I was 13.
  • Only for T shirts and shortsI'm 5'8" and have no clue why I have to buy shorts in a  Juniors dept but the others don't  fit
  • I did up until a couple years ago.  Now I may buy something here and there, but the majority of my stuff comes from the grown-up section.  I still buy my jeans in Juniors if I can't find anything decent in the Petites section.I think this is why I am admired as a fashion icon on this board.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • This is my first post on this board...you guys seem fun!  I bought my first pair of "mom jeans" the other week.  I'm usually an Old Navy-er, but I was feeling very motherly, apparently, and bought some very high wasted, real "adult" jeans.  My FI just laughed.  But actual juniors, no.
  • sometimes. I have no boobs or hips, so it works for me.
  • I thought Juniors meant clothes geared towards obnoxious teens. If it's by size, no.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • I bet if I lost some weight I could, since I'm so short.  I wouldn't be opposed to it if I found something there that was my style (especially if it was cheaper than adult clothes).  But I don't ever browse juniors sections/stores because I assume the clothes are all Hot Topic-esque.
  • If forever 21 counts, then yes. I like buying trendier tops there that I'm ok with only wearing for one season since they are so cheap. Though my purchases there don't count for that much of my wardrobe.
    DSC_0768
    Claire Elizabeth 12/31/2011
    Married Bio
  • I bought a dress from the junior dept a couple years ago for my SIL's wedding. I was very skinny then. The junior department laughs at me as I walk by now
  • Sometimes from Target's juniors section
  • Ditto this: From: cmc714 Date: 8/4/2009 at 3:42 PM If forever 21 counts, then yes. I like buying trendier tops there that I'm ok with only wearing for one season since they are so cheap. Though my purchases there don't count for that much of my wardrobe.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • I shop the juniors department a lot. That's where I get most of my dresses and casual tops. My work clothes and formal stuff is a different story.
  • sometimes pants, almost always tops. but I'm kind of built like a junior right now. LOL
  • I had no idea this was unusual.
  • I pretty much just buy what I find cute or stylish regardless of the department.
  • In general, Juniors clothes haven't been an option for me fit wise for about 10 years.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I just found the thread that started it all.  Oh, those girls. Yeah, I can't even imagine fitting into a junior size.  I can barely get regular shirts to fit over my stupid boobs.  Hips too.
  • I don't think it's uncommon for adult women to shop at places like Forever 21.  Don't they have sizes that extend beyond typical juniors fits, or am I wrong on that?I was thinking more of stores like Limited Too.  I guess I was thinking too young :p 
  • jc penney always has cute junior stuff... vintage tshirt lookin' things... they're usually pretty cheap, and it's the same kind of thing you can find at places like urban outfitters (which i love). target has stuff like that too. i try not to buy anything that looks or fits like it's made for 13 yr old girls.
  • Yes, if I can find an XL or Plus size juniors (Gordmans!) that fit.But then again I am pretty edgy and hip, so its understandable.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards