Rhode Island

Cappucino's Out of Business

Hi Ladies,
I'm not around this board much but I just wanted to let everyone know that if you've booked Cappucino's in Middletown to do your cake, they have closed.  I only know because I know someone close to the owner.  They didn't call anyone, just shut their doors.  I don't have any information about how to get any money you have paid them back at this time, but if you have them booked you need to start making other plans.  Hopefully, your wedding ins't 6 weeks out like mine is.  Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Cappucino's Out of Business

• edited December 2011
    WOW!  Crazy!  We just met with them about 4 weeks ago for a tasting.  We decided not to go with them... felt their prices were too high for what we were getting (also compared to other quotes for same thing...).  When we were there they said they'd had a fire about a month prior and had just finished remodeling.  So glad we didn't go with them (chose Scrumptions instead... working with Jennifer and she's been great!).  Good luck to anyone needing to find someone last minute!  I've heard good things about Sin and obviously we liked Scrumptions so maybe try them...!
  • lizr7313lizr7313 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is this true??? We have them booked for our July wedding and I haven't heard anything.  Were you using them for your wedding?
  • SwededSweded member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I was using them for my wedding.  Now I'm hearing rumors that they were only closing for a week, but someone close to the owner told me different.  Plus, that was over a week ago and I just called and the phone just rings and rings.  I have an appointment this weekend with a new bakery because my wedding is in a month and I don't have time to wait. 

I'll post more info as I get it!
  • SwededSweded member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lizr-I just got word that they are definitely closed.  I'm sorry.  I have no idea how to go about contacting them to get your deposit back, but you may want to start making other plans for you cake. 
  • SwededSweded member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lzr-YGPM
  • MEMtoMELMEMtoMEL member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Celebrity Limo is in the news for a huge drug bust and looks like they are out of business too!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards