Ohio-Cincinnati

how much does a DJ cost?

can anyone give me an idea of how much a dj costs for a 4-5 hour ceremony/reception? what is avg?

Re: how much does a DJ cost?

• tia0314tia0314 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is $450- and below the average I believe. DJ Butlers quoted me 650 I believe, but you have to negotiate with them.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is $450 for 4 hours, but we weeded through a lot of DJ's before coming upon the ones we chose.  They are great, though!
  • edited December 2011
    we paid $795 plus tip for 5 hours and our dj was Quality Sounds DJ's.  Brad was amazing and worth the extra money.  He was super attentive and always checking in to make sure we were enjoying the music selections and if we had any requests or suggestions.
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is $1500 but unlimited...we went with DJ Butlers-Tony Frambes, he's the same DJ who did my sister's wedding in 2003, and I liked what he did at her wedding so we just went ahead and booked him without meeting anyone else.
  • sandmammsandmamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ours is $1095: JD Hughes - i think he will be well worth the extra money - he adds a lot of different things in during the reception to get people involved - not your typical DJ
  • stosha1stosha1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So call me crazy but someone JUST PLAYING MUSIC that they downloaded from ITunes and charging $1500 is CRAZY.We are paying $300 for our DJ, DJ Victim (comes very highly recommended).Spending more than that was just not a wise choice for us.
  • edited December 2011
    $1000 for Party Pleasers, including some pinspot lights and up-lighting for the reception.
  • rosesweeneyrosesweeney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.bigdoggproductions.orgThis is who we are using.  He is amazing and way cheaper than a lot of DJs out there.  He also does videography if you want it.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Jeff at Jester Amusements. He charges $350-$550 depending on the package. This includes lighting!
  • mine is 1200.00/4 hours
  • Ours is $650 for 6 hours and they are also covering our ceremony
  • mjo49mjo49 member
    First Comment
    Hi! Ladies who spent under $500, do you mind leaving a message about who your DJ is?
  • Ours includes unlimited hours and a bunch of extras for 2495.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JD Hughes is a JOKE.  He is way too old, and talks way too much during the reception.  Total nightmare, this isn't your day to tell everyone about your past DJ history, and how you got started.  Just play the music, and keep the guests' happy.
  • @Sugarbear86, did you really have that much trouble with him? That's who we're about to hire...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards