Texas-Austin

Recommendations for Whole Foods, Ciao Chow Catering?

*Post edited to change subject*

I'm having trouble getting ahold of Pink Avocado catering.  I've called twice now and sent an email.  It's been two weeks, so I thought I should probably start contacting other companies.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for catering?  I'd like someone who has their own dishes, but if they don't, what did you do for china/silverware/glassware?

Any recommendations on Whole Foods Catering or Ciao Chow catering?  My vendor requires someone with set up and take down crews.

Thanks!
Jen
165 image 104 image 62image 0 image RSVP Date: 5/13/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recommendations for Whole Foods, Ciao Chow Catering?

• edited December 2011
    I've seen Whole Foods rec'd a few times on here. You might get more responses if you changed the topic of this post to reflect your true question.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, good suggestion!
  • edited December 2011
    Bot sure if this is helpful- but I did look into Ciao Chow. Mark makes food that tastes good but I was a little confused on how he handles rentals. I think he prefers that the reception site allow rentals to be kept until Monday if you have a Saturday wedding, unless you want to take care of it yourselves. With this confusion (and a not impressive salmon appetizer presentation), we decided to go with someone else. HTH and GL! 
  • edited December 2011
    We tasted Southern's Fine Dining at the bridal extravaganza and the food was delicious! We also had some items from Exquisite Cuisine at an open house, and it was different, but still really good. I'm not sure on the pricing for Southern's but Exquisite seemed to be priced well at first glance. A lot of knotties have recommended them too. I contacted Southern's, Exquisite, Dagar's, and Crave today and hope to hear back from them soon. My lovely groomzilla is picky, so hopefully one of these will meet his expectations.
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard back from Whole Foods, and they offer china, ect., (with an added fee naturally).  It also seems like they have a lot of options as far as food is concerned.

Haven't heard back from Ciaow Chow yet, but my venue definitely wouldn't let us keep anything in the venue past Saturday.  

Improbably I got an email from Pink Avocado yesterday (after 2 and 1/2 weeks!).  At this point I am a little leery of using them due to the length of time it took them to respond, but I'll see what they and Whole Foods can come up with in the way of price quotes and the tasting.

Thanks for your help ladies!

Future Ramsey - good luck on the search!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards