Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

help with ceremony and reception timing

hi everyone. So my FH is stuck on getting married at the Cathedral however the latest time that they have left for next March is 1 pm. so we went ahead and booked March 23rd at 1 pm. The problem is that we dont necessarily want a lunch reception and are looking at having a 4 or 5 o clock reception likely at the Foundry. What are yalls thoughts on this and whether it is possible to have a second line ;-(

Re: help with ceremony and reception timing

• Options
    My wedding at the cathedral is at 3 pm and it sounds like that is the time that you need. Maybe you can see what they have in the month after if you aren't stuck on March. Even if you have a full mass (1- 2:30) then second line (2:30 -3:00), you will still have an hour to kill until 4pm. Your only option is to have an hour long cocktail hour, i guess.
  • Options
    hmmmm. i never considered the cocktail hour.... thanks :-)
  • Options
    The "Catholic gap" isn't too uncommon between ceremony and reception (although I am not a fan of it), but I think as long as you either offer your guests something to do (i.e., cocktail hour w/ apps) or even suggestions as to nearby activities, you should be ok.  My personal thought with a destination wedding is there should be some structured/defined activity if there is a gap.  Won't you need to have transporation from the Cathedral to the Foundry?  That should eat up some time too getting your guests on a shuttle bus and over to the Foundry.  Or if they are on their own for transportation, a little extra time to do that will probably be appreciated. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks everyone. so i have changed my mind and decided t opt out of the riverview room based on the time.  We are gonn ado 1pm at the cathedral and are now narrowed down to either The Parish Room or Galvez :-) and will just take pics between 2 and 5 then with the reception starting at 5. I think that I will just give suggestions to the guests for things to do in between though considering the location of both finding something to do shouldnt be too hard ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards