North Carolina
Options

Visions Catering High Point

Hi!
Has anyone used Visions Catering in High Point? We went to a tasting and the food was pretty good. The manager also said that their event managers would help us at our reception  so much so that she advised us not to have a day of coordinator because their event manager would handle everything. I'd like to get feedback if that was reality. Thanks!
~ "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Visions Catering High Point

• Options
    I did.  We had a brunch reception.  I'm not sure how much their event manager handled because there wasn't that much to handle.  The only two issues (and I wouldn't even really call them issues) we had were that (1) they saved two tables for the bridal party even though we didn't want tables saved.  I didn't specifically say "we don't want tables saved", and it worked out fine.  It just caught me off guard when the first thing that was said to me upon walking into the reception hall was "You didn't tell us what tables to save for the bridal party so we saved those two ::points to two prime tables::".  And two; they were really quick to bus the tables, even taking some plates that people weren't finished with.  We had a buffet so it turned out okay, but it would have been bad with a plated meal. 

I'd still get a day of coordinator, you want someone who's totally looking out for your interest/vision, and not someone who's trying to manage the catering.

They did set all of our tables, and handle all of our linens.  And they placed our centerpieces and favors for us, that was nice.

If you've got more specific questions I'd be happy to answer them. 
  • Options

We also used Visions, and had no complaints (well a few minor with the employees -- one guys cell phone went off during my dad's speech and he was standing right behind him so that was annoying, and another server stepped on my dress and ripped it and didn't even bother to apologize, but other than that they were great).  They were also reasonably priced which was great.

As far as coordinating, I found that between the caterers and the dj I didn't need an event coordinator at all.  We used All the Right Grooves and Jill kept things on track and worked with the head caterer on site to keep the reception moving.  I had spoken with them both before hand and put together a loose schedule with all the speeches planned, and the order I wanted things to happen in, the beginning and end times, and then gave a copy to both the dj and caterers.  They then worked together through the night to keep things moving and barely talked to me at all.  Things did get a little behind schedule (don't think that was anyones fault, just guests mingling more than expected) and they handled that just fine.

All in all, if you have a basic schedule set up ahead of time, and if you have a DJ you feel is on top of things, and can work with the caterer I don't think you need a coordinator.  Visions was great to work with.

• Options
    We were planning to use them but the venue we picked was a little too far away so we ended up going with Catering Works in Raleigh. Visions has good food and very reasonable prices so they were on our short list for catering. 
    1White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for all of your feedback.We have a few more places that we went to try out but I'll definitely keep what you said in mind.

~ "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards