Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Vote: First Dance Song

Hey ladies - My fiance and I love to dance and are trying to choose our first dance song. We are having a hard time picking a song because there are just so many great ones. We both have pretty good senses of humor and aren't afraid to be a bit silly, but want there to be some romantic element in our song (no "baby got back" raps for us, though I think that idea was hilarious!). We also don't want to pick a song that has been done a lot for weddings... we want something a little unique that shows some personality. We are fortunate to have a band, so they will be able to play a song for the dance... please vote and let me know what you think! I can't help falling in love (Elvis) You Are The Sunshine Of My Life (Stevie Wonder) L-O-V-E (Nat King Cole) Everlasting Love (Jamie Cullum) You Send Me (Sam Cooke) The air that I breath (Julio Iglesias) Your Love Keeps me Lifting Me Higher (Jackie Wilson)

Re: Vote: First Dance Song

• Options
    I am a bit biased, being an Elvis fan... I think you should go with that song.
  • Options
    I think you could do a really fun dance to You Are The Sunshine Of My Life, as it's fast.
  • Options
    I love Elvis too! I vote for I cant help falling in love. That would be my song if my fiance would only agree!
  • Options
    my vote's for LOVE.
  • Options
    Elvis
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I vote for Elvis because that's one of my favorite songs (our guitarist played it for our ceremony).
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher would be super cute!!  We also wanted to go with something that not every single person has had and we found a great country song that worked for us and that no one we've asked has ever heard at a reception.  Our DJ doesn't even have it. LoL  Good luck choosing!
  • Options
    If you are having trouble deciding, look at the lyrics and see what fits your story best. My finance and I are doing I can't help falling in love (Elvis), because when we first started dating him and I didn't want to date or get serious with anyone, but I couldn't help it.  It fits us perfectly.Find the song that tells your story.  It seems cheesy, but its the best day to be cheesy!!
  • Options
    We're dancing to Queen "Best Friend" because we wanted something sweet and upbeat & we're both Queen fans.I agree that Elvis is a great choice!  It's really classic and romantic.  Good luck!
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Options
    I haven't posted on this board before, but was perusing and saw this post and wanted to chime in...mainly because mine and FI's first dance song in fact IS, You Send Me!  LOVE IT.  But I'm biased, obviously.I'm actually using Sunshine Of My Life for my Father/Daughter dance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards