Canada-Ontario

Tux or Suit???

I'm just wondering....what are the Dad's supposed to wear? Suit or Tux?And I assume the master of ceremonies should be in a suit?I can't remember what I've seen at other weddings....all I notice is what the bride is wearing!TIA :)

Re: Tux or Suit???

• sugiepiesugiepie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on how formal the event is.  If it is black tie then all of your guests and party should really come in tuxes.  Most dads I have seen just wear a nice suit. You can provide a tie for the dad that matches the wedding party colours if you want.  It's up to you.  We told our dads to wear whatever suit they want. The only request I had for my dad was that he didn't wear a white shirt as my dress is ivory and he is walking me down the aisle so it would be noticeable.
  • sarah-bellasarah-bella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    please bear in mind that i hate the 'what am i supposed to ...' feelings when it comes to weddings.  i wore a red dress and converse.  didn't do many of the traditional type things that we were 'supposed' to do because it was our party.  our rules. let your dad's wear whatever they or you want.  they are just supposed to be there supporting you. as you said - all you notice is what the bride is wearing, so you really don't have to stress about what they are wearing ~ most people are like you and won't notice/remember anyways!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards