Iowa-Des Moines
Options

wedding invites question

How do I address the wedding invites? I am working on them and I need help. How do I address them if they have a family? Do I just say and Family??

Re: wedding invites question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It would be best to address them to everyone by name, to limit any confusion over who exactly is invited.  We ended up sending only one invite to "and family," because they were my mom's cousins and she couldn't fit the 6 kids' names onto the envelope.  :-P 
  • Options
    Lemons653Lemons653 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I addressed the outside envelope to the couple or friend we were inviting (Mr. & Mrs. John Doe) and then on the inside envelope listed everyone's name who was invited or John and Guest. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are going more formal, the outer envelop should say "Mr. & Mrs. John Doe". If not, "John and Jane Doe" works for the outter. If you are having an inner envelope, this is where you would want to note and family or list the children's names out. Ours unfortunately doesn't have an inner envelope (paper and cost saver), so we are addressing the outer envelope to "Mr & Mrs John Doe" and then the RSVP card asks for a count of children. That should give them the right hint that their whole family is welcome. Though I think many of our friends are getting sitters that night anyway ;).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mr. & Mrs. John Doe for a couple Mrs. & Mrs. John Doe OR The John Doe Family for a family invite. Agree with including the names of the invitees on the inner envelope if you have one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards