Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Ceremony Location

Please help! We getting married Oct 17 but we cannot find a ceremony location. He is Catholic & I am nondenominational Christian. We would love to get married in a church but can't seem to find one that will marry us if we are not members. Any suggestions for a church location more on the west side? At this point I may settle for any other location, any ideas? FI does not want an outside wedding, he is too scared of rain, and we have a very limited budget for the ceremony site. Thanks for any help- as you can see we don't have a lot of time!

Re: Ceremony Location

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married at Pleasant Hills United Methodist Church. They marry nonmembers, no problem (we still aren't members) Pastor Buckeye is GREAT. DH is nonpracticing Methodist and I'm nonprac Catholic. It's located in Middleburg Hts. on Bagley Rd. at W. 130th. Link in my bio. Budget friendly, too! IIRC, it cost us around $350 for the church & ceremony. There's a United Methodist Church in Berea that we considered, too (also married nonmembers) but we wanted a more modern 'look' and the one in Berea is older and kinda dark, IMO.Also, Old Oak Bible Church in Middleburg Hts. marries nonmembers. I believe Middleburg Hts. Community Church (on Bagley at the Parkway) does as well, and in Parma, Church in the Woods does, too. For a non-church locale, Grand Pacific Wedding Chapel in Olmsted Falls is very cute. It's best for smaller guest lists though, and at $1k can be pricey for some.I know that the Chalet in Strongsville rents their space out for receptions and such. Maybe that could be a possible (indoor) ceremony site for you? I think they can hold up to 150 (check that though)? The grounds there are nice enough, also, that if the weather cooperated, you could do it outdoors if you liked. The Metroparks are pretty in fall!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards