New York-Long Island
Options

Veils- on or off?

How many of you wore your veils the whole night, versus took them off after the ceremony? I'm not sure what I want to do! Any suggestions?

Re: Veils- on or off?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This may sound weird - but I'm not a big fan of the veil at all! When I was looking for a dress, I tried them on and when I finally got my dress, I just couldn't do it! I bought a beautiful crystal head piece that matches my dress to wear for the whole wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I'll wear a veil just for the ceremony and then remove it for the reception. I'm sure I'll have enough fabric to worry about dragging around.
  • Options
    jordanamnjordanamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not a fan of veils at all either so I am probably not going to have one at all.  You should do whatever you feel comfortable doing - if you'd rather have it off I think nowadays its perfectly acceptable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had to take mine off. It was too long. but I know alot of people who wish they kept theirs on.
  • Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    i think it depends on the length a lot. i had a cathedral length. no way i was going to pull that around for hours at the reception.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine will be cathedral length so it will come off during pictures some time before the reception. 
  • Options
    PAgillian08PAgillian08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    iwore mine through the ceremony adn wound up getting all buggy and ripped it off before we madeour entrance into the reception..
    Soon to be MRS. B- proof that dreams really do come true! FIRST 5-K 10/2/2011- Diva 5 k....37.48-im a work in progress
  • Options
    scoobyd266scoobyd266 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be taking mine off after the ceremony. I'm afraid it will give me a headache if I keep it on all night.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I planned to take mine off at my first wedding and everything else took me away from remembering. I had two pieces. I had a headpiece that was just a pretty comb and then we put a comb on the veil and put it in the back. I'm glad I kept it on. It made me feel a little more like a princess for a little longer. But mine was a shorter veil. I think it largely depends upon your comfort. In my case, too, I would have been afraid taking it off could have ruined my hair - I did an upsweet and, in retrospect, could have pulled some of the hair out of the 'do. I think one of the most important things, in general, is to remember that any of the "rules" of what to do or not to do should go out the window. If you want to do it, it's your and your then husband's day and if you're happy with it, Emily Post is not going to write you up for it. And, I'll give you the advice my mother gave to me many years ago... If someone is coming to your party hoping to have something negative to talk about, then you've given them something. If they're there to celebrate with you, then they're not going to talk about whether or not you... (fill in what's stressing you out that you know is not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things). Just enjoy!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards