Chinese Weddings

Appropriate tipping

I was wondering what is considered appropriate for tips. I bought one of those wedding packages that include hair, makeup, dress rentals, tux rentals, indoor/outdoor pictures, wedding day pics, video.... etc.People say to tip 15%, but since everything is already packaged together in one price, I'm not sure how much I should tip each individual person: hair/makeup person, the photographers, the limo driver, etc.Thanks girls!

Re: Appropriate tipping

• edited December 2011
    Hi honeybearchan,I have the same issue also--I got the wedding package, and I don't know how much tip to give.  But 15%-20% is the general rule of thumb these days, so that's what I plan on doing.This is how I estimate how much each serice is, considering my package was $3,080:1) $1,000 each for photography & videography (I was told that it's $100 extra/person per hour; and my package includes 10 hours)2) $600-$700 for limo3) remainder for hair & make-up I was also advised to give the the photographer and videographer a red envelope in the morning, so that they will feel inclined to do a better job.  Then at the end of the day, give them another red envelope.  So I guess that means $100 for morning, and another $100 at the end of the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards