Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Toasts

Are you and your soon to be husband making a toast after everyone else toasts? If so, what will you say and what will your focus be? We're starting to write/think through ours and I wanted to get your opinions and thoughts on this. Thanks!

Re: Toasts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I made a toast right after FIL made a welcome toast. We wanted to make mention of the photobooth as our guest book, tarts for dessert and kissing bowl that had questions about us to answer to haev us kiss. We thought about writing something up before hand and just lost track of time and really we wouldn't have said what we thought we were going to say any way- we were so overcome by the emotions of the ceremony and the love we felt in the room that we just spoke from the heart and it came out wonderfuly. I think just thank your guests, your bridal party and your parents (or anyone else that helped with your day) and also thank people for traveling (if they did)... otherwise just tell people to have a good time!
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ill be doing a special toast to my baby brother since we are getting married on his birthday. And Im sure we will toast/thank our guests.
  • Options
    megsticks31megsticks31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't write anything out and ours focused on thanking everyone for their support throughout the years. Oh, and we thanked Match.com :)  I got my wedding video last week and I said, "it's like shopping for love"...hilarious! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I each said something after our best man and maid of honor toasted.  Neither of us really planned it out aside from just having an idea of what we wanted to say.  DH got cut short when the microphone cut out.  We got it working again, but he was done with the whole thing...so I just said a few things...mostly just thanking those who were such a help to us!You can actually see ours in the "Video" section of my married bio (link below in signature).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH and I decided not to say anything.  Neither of us like to give speeches so we just let the BM, MOH, and my parents talk and that was it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! This has been helpful. It sounds like we can really say whatever we want and there aren't really rules on this. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards