Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Day of Timeline

I am trying to get ideas on the timeline for our reception.  We are having a slide show, but can't show it until dark (around 9pm) because of the natural light in the hall. Does anybody have a timeline they could share with me so I could get some ideas on the flow of events for the reception?  My email is jadsw26 at yahoo.com if you want to send it to me or just post it here.  Thanks!!

Re: Day of Timeline

• Options
    tarmar81tarmar81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoa, good call on the slideshow...I didn't even think about it possibly being difficult to see in a bright room!  Yikes.I'd love to hear people's reception timelines too.  I'm sure my reception coordinator has ideas, but I need more suggestions for first dances timing, time for speeches, etc.  There are so many ways to organize a reception these days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ayoung22ayoung22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I'm not sure on times of these things actually happened, because I didn't have a watch (and I didn't really care at that point) and our DJ, Mark, just took care of everything.  This was our order:5:00 guests arrived5:15 WP arrived5:20 guests seated5:30 WP announced5:40 cut cake5:45ish buffet opened for WP, then immediate family, then guests6:30? 6:45?  (this is where the timing gets fuzzy...) toasts7:15ish video7:30ish first dance, followed by special dances (father/daughter, mother/son, etc.)8:00ish open danceAt some point we then did the bouquet toss, garter toss, and dollar dance.After conversations with our DJ and reception coordinator, both strongly suggested that our video be played before the dance started, even though it would still be light out.  It was probably more difficult to see than it would have been at night, but it was fine.  Looking back, I'm glad we followed their lead, because it didn't force us to stop the dance.
  • Options
    caligirl2009caligirl2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a really detailed timeline I'm sending to vendors and going to hand out to the WP at the RD, if anyone wants it email me at kileykirkpatrick at yahoo dot comHere are my general details:5:30 - 6:30 Cocktail hour6:30 Guests are ushered into ballroom6:40 Wedding party is announced6:55 Bride/Groom speech7:00 Meal blessing; tables are dismissed for banquet7:30 Toasts by parents, best man, MOHs7:45 Cake cutting8:00 Father/daughter, Mother/son dances8:15 Couples first dance8:25 Bouquet toss8:35 Garter toss8:45 Dancing begins9:15 Dollar dance
  • Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have timelines in my planning bio.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards