Iowa-Des Moines

Bridal shower

I am thinking about this way in advance......I turn 21 May 17. My Bachlorette party is that weekend, the next weekend is memorial weekend then the next is my wedding. We were talking about how convenient it is to have the shower and b. Party on  the same day but that is only 2 weeks before the actual wedding. The 2 week thing kind of bothers me but thoughts are appreciated....maybe it isnt so tack after all.

Re: Bridal shower

• edited December 2011
    I am combining mine on the same day due to travel for a lot of my family, however; my shower and b-party are 2 months before my wedding. I don't know about two weeks. Guest will likely only choose one or the other to attend. Or one or the other to get a gift for (I know that is not the point~gifts and all,  but it is reality). I just think budgets will not allow. Just something to think about.
  • edited December 2011
    I am worried that some people may chose to only attend one, and you are right the gifts don't really matter. My thoughts are even though it isn't convenient having the shower 2 months or so before. Yes people will travel more but atleast it won't be all during the same month you know??
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have a lot of people traveling? How far? I am in a friends wedding next week and her shower was in June, bach in July then wedding Aug. It spread teh cost out on some of it, but being as a lot of us were 5 hours away, we would have preferred to have it all in one day. It still worked out. In my case, people are only 2 hours. Totally doable in one day, so I think it is better to spread them out. Dont' do shower in the same month as the wedding IMO.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my shower and bachelorette party three weeks before the wedding (this past weekend).  I wanted it all in the same day because everyone's schedules are so busy.  I told them no gifts were necessary and most of what I got were bachelorette type gifts... so as long as you're not having a shower for presents then it works out.  I'd say whatever works for people's schedules is probably best... remember they're busy too (even though we want to make the summer about our wedding its probably not for some :)  So yeah... whatever works for your friends/family is the way to go!  You'll end up with so many gifts anyways so what's one more shower??
    Married 08.22.09 Ryan 01.07.2011
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding was June 20 and I had showers on May 2 and May 17, bachelorette party on June 13. I think combining them is fine. A friend of mine did this and we had heavy appetizers during the shower portion of it, spent a little time cleaning up and packing gifts and then got on a party bus. it worked out great and she had a lot of OOT guests as well. Just make sure to make arrangements for cleanup and gifts if you do this.
  • edited December 2011
    the combined thing doesn't bother me. It is just the 2 weeks before fact. I think I have just decided to have the shower a month or two before. thanks ladies
  • edited December 2011
    I think it depends on who you want at your bach party.I had two showers (one thrown by my family, one by the inlaws).  And as much as I love them both, I didn't want a majority of those people tagging along for my bach party.  That was a wild ride meant for friend's only... so Aunt So-and-so from Wherever would have been a little out of place.:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards