Registry and Gift Forum

Target's Registry is Horrible! BEWARE!

I love Target. So that's why we decided to register there. Bad idea! There were so many duplicate of items at my shower and when you look at the registry it wasn't even fulfilled! Everyone I spoke to said they scanned my registry and I know they got the right item. But it was more than half of my registry that didnt even register as being bought. We had to return items, which we had the gift receipts for, so it was ok. But I just felt bad for some of my guests because they took the time to get us a nice gift and then they see that someone else got us the same gift. Has anyone else had this problem at Target?
Live, Laugh, Love Cheryl BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Target's Registry is Horrible! BEWARE!

• There are alot of brides on here that have posted the same complaint.  That was a big reason I decided not to register there.  You think a chain that large could manage a simple wedding registry. Also, I have been told by multiple friends that the Baby registry has exactly the same problems.  So be forwarned when the time comes. :)  
  • Wow, seriously. I love Target. You would really think they would get their acts together. I know there have been several complaints because my SIL registered for Target last year for her baby shower and it was the same exact problem. It's crazy.I really wanted to register at Target because I wanted to have a low priced option but most likely I won't now.I'm thinking:1) Bed bath and Beyond2) JC Penny3) Walmart just to give my guests a low priced option. I never heard anything bad out of their registry and I have know several people who have used their registry.
  • we did a few things at Target....I'm petrified.  90% of our registry is at BBB bc of their return policy and that their registry is updated immediatly, unlike target that takes 24 hrs to update, if it even is updated.
  • I have heard the same - bad news...which is why I am going with BB&B and Crate & Barrel instead of Target.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • I actually have my registry split between Target and Macy's and I haven't had this problem at all! I did notice that somehow I registered for 10 shower curtains and trash cans, but I think it was some kind of mistake I made with the gun. I've had my shower and I didn't get any duplicates. So strange! Hope it doesn't start happening anytime soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • YES!  I love Bed Bath and Beyond and Crate and Barrell.  Those were my selections for the registry.  Thanks for the heads up on Target!
  • I usually love Target but I had such a time with the online registry that I scapped the whole thing and went to Macy's and Kohl's. Sounds like I dodged a bullet!
  • That's really sad-I love Target :( I was going to do Macy's, Crate and Barrel, and Target, but maybe I'll switch to BBB.
    Anniversary
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • As someone who has purchased off a Target registry for others, I think the problem is with Target's training of cashiers on how to record/entry registry purchases so that they are properly  accounted for. It is a shame as Target is otherwise great!
  • Target = terribly stressful, inaccurate registryBBB = fabulousI scrapped my Target registry and moved everything over to BBB.
  • It took me 9 months to figure out why I couldn't locate my Target registry online becuase it is defaulted to "unpublished" when you set it up. Very confusing and hard to update. I ended up deleting items and adding them to BB&B. 90% of our registered items were from BB&B becuase of their return policy and ease of use. Love it! Another 8% is from Amazon only because people are traveling from everywhere.
  • I've heard that too and am worried about it. Has anyone else heard of a capoff on returning gifts? My fsil told me that you can only return up to $250? Not sure if this is true though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We returned $212 worth of merchandise. With gift receipts and one item that we couldnt find the receipt for and they used our registry. So Im not sure about $250, but I also heard that too!
    Live, Laugh, Love Cheryl BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards