Indiana

Garter Toss?

I would like to have a bouquet toss, so I assumed we would have a garter toss as well.  FI doesn't want to have a garter toss.  He thinks it would be embarrassing to do such a thing in front of my family, and he is also disgusted that one of his friends would probably end up with it.FMIL also doesn't like the garter toss idea.I really don't mind, and its not even that big of a deal whether we have one or not.  But I did buy a two pack of garters and just hoped to get rid of the "toss away".Is it tacky to only do one, and not the other?  Did you/will you do a bouquet/garter toss?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Garter Toss?

• Shay022Shay022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We could just not do either.  But I already have fun songs picked out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not doing either, but I think it would be fine to just do one or the other.  And you can still wear your garter(s) if you want!
  • pinwheelpinwheel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A garter toss isn't my style either.... I think instead of a boquet toss, I'm going to give the boquet to the woman of the couple who's been married the longest after an anniversary dance.
  • edited December 2011
    I won't be doing either bouquet or garter tosses.  We are having a small reception and I don't want to embarrass the few single people there, which include my mom and his parents.  Wouldn't it be gross if his dad got my garter?! eww!  Anyhow, my bouquet will either go to his grandparents b/c they have been married the longest or to his aunt because our wedding is the day after their 15th anniversary.
  • edited December 2011
    I plan on doing a bouquet toss because none of my friends are engaged or married!!! I know FI wouldn't like to grab my garter in front of everyone but maybe he can just toss one out to the friends without doing the taking-off part, so that way you can embarass your friends by then doing the coupled-up bouquet and garter catchers. Maybe that would work for you guys by taking out the awkwardness?
  • jessicravensjessicravens member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you decide not to do the garter toss and want to get rid of the "toss" one... I am interested.Please email me at mrs.dunn2be@live.com
  • KrissykinzKrissykinz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding last Friday and they only did the bouquet toss.  I think it's ok to do one and not the other.
  • Shay022Shay022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've decided that we will do an "anniversary dance."  The longest married couple will receive my bouquet and garter.Thanks for all the input!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    "Is it tacky to only do one, and not the other?" Not at all.  Do what YOU are comfortable with.  FI shouldn't be placed in a situation he feels uncomfortable in.  FMIL should trust the way she raised the boy and keep her opinions on such things to herself.  She had her chance."Did you/will you do a bouquet/garter toss?"Yes'm!  Not shy at all, either of us!  I did a simple toss (bm Kristi caught it)  FI just did a clean and fun removal and and toss.  No props or gags.  Steve, the guy that caught it was one of his best friends.  We took a nice photo with the four of us on the dance floor right after.Throw the toss away into the Goodwill bin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards