Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

'Formal invitation to follow'

I have already ordered my save the dates. The only thing I didn't include was 'formal invitation to follow.' I don't know if this is a must, but I feel like I should have it somewhere. Does anyone have an idea of where to include it within the envelope now that the save the dates are already printed? I've thought about putting a clear address label with that phrase on the back of the envelope, but not too sure. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much!

Re: 'Formal invitation to follow'

• Options
    It's got designs on the back and is black. Very good idea though. Makes me do some thinkin'.
  • Options
    Is it necessary to have that though? Or do you think I'd be okay without it. I've been researching and it's 50/50!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! So very true!
  • Options
    Only speaking from personal experience, some of the people I sent STDs to were under the impression that it WAS the invite... Simply because I don't think they had ever heard of or seen one before... I even had the notation of "formal invitation to follow" ! ha.

Anyway, I doubt you have to have that phrase on there, but if anyone says anything about it, be sure to let them know that it was just a STD and a real invitation will follow about 6-8 weeks before the event.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I've never seen "formal invitation to follow" on an STD.  I'm not sure you need it-an STD does inherently imply that the formal invitation is forthcoming.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:'Formal invitation to follow':[QUOTE]The fact that the date is so far out should tell people that this is not an actual invitation.....who sends invitations out six months or more in advance?????? Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]
    You'd be surprised. I had "Formal invitation to follow" printed on my STDs and still had a cousin compliment me on my "invitation". Some people are just clueless, but that is their problem, not mine.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • Options
    It's amazing how few people realize the STD isn't the actual invitation, blame the less formal "word of mouth" expectations of so many! 

As for the "Formal invitation to follow" - I wouldn't worry about it, at least not if it would impact your overall design at all. Let your invitation be a nice surprise if they aren't expecting it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards