Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

I need some help!!

We are in the process of buying my engagement ring, and I have chosen a .40 carat diamond cause I have very tiny fingers, but I cannot decide if I should go with a 6 prong or a 4 prong setting. I know one offers more security and the other more shine and beauty, but I have yet to find any pictures of smaller stones with 6 prongs on them, which is what I think I want... Any suggestions or pictures for examples? Thank ya!

Re: I need some help!!

• Options
    Just make sure that if you get a 4 prong ring that the prongs are not too large and overpower the center stone.  I've come to dislike 4 prong rings because of this.
  • Options
     A jeweler told me to get 6 prongs if you get a carat or more.  I have 6 prongs with a 3/4 carat and I love it, but 4 should be fine with a smaller stone.
  • Options
    I would think a 4 prong would be fine.  My e-ring is .58 carats and has 4 prongs and is fine, security wise.  I don't have the most hands off job in the world (I run an auto repair shop...I try not to work on cars with my ring on, but sometimes I have to reach in and help with ring on...no problems), and I haven't had one problem.  Then again, now that I think about it, mine is princess cut and would look stupid with more than 4 prongs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards