Delaware
Options

Jewelry Help

Hi ladies, I am struggling to find my earrings/necklace and possibly a bracelet.  My dress has embellishements under the bust and on the hip, so I'm trying to stay away from anything too dramatic, and my hair will most likely be up, so I don't want really chunky earrings.  I'm hesitant to buy online because I really want to see what everything looks like on me before I buy it.  For those who have gotten their sparklies, or know where they are going to purchase them, any relatively local suggestions?  I don't want it to look cheap, but I can't spend a fortune either.  TIA!
*Lauren*
Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jewelry Help

• Options
    ImMrsFranksImMrsFranks member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually ordered online so I can't help with any local places. But I will say I highly recommend www.amysbridalaccessories.com . That's where I ordered my earrings and bracelet from. They looked even better than I thought they would and very good quality. The only thing that I was disappointed about wasn't their fault. I spent like an extra $12-$15 to have gold instead of silver, because my ring is gold, but honestly nobody would have even noticed (especially on the bracelet).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am actually ordering my BM necklaces from Amy's :)  I was looking through the bridal jewelry and didn't see anything that I thought would match my dress.  But it's great to know that your expectations were fulfilled from them!  Thanks :)
    *Lauren*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another idea (which may be a good one to go with for you) is to go to a craft fair and see what people are offering that is handmade.  Or, head over to Sparkles on Kirkwood Hwy (same shopping center as Outback Steak House).  It's a bead shop that sells loose, high quality beads, but they will also make your jewelry/whatever you need for you.  When I had my medic alert bracelet, they made several interchangeable bracelet bands to dress it up, and they held really well.I suggest this because it's actually what I just did (I had mine made down in New Orleans, and it's gorgeous.  Part of the proceeds go to building schools and educating girls and single mothers in Mexico), and it was the best decision I made regarding jewelry.  It's simple, yet wonderfully elegant.  Plus, for the same amount of money I was going to spend online, I was able to pick what stones and all I wanted, and how I wanted it to look (I got white freshwater pearls and Swavarski crystals).  If you have the time, head over to Sparkles.  You pick what you want, they can help you decide on a style, and it's about the same cost of ordering offline.  It sounds like something that might be right up your alley for your needs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ended up buying my jewelry at QVC outlet in Lancaster...  Wasnt cheap, but it was what I wanted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow Brit, that's a fantastic idea!  I knew they had everything to make jewelry but I didn't know they could make it for me :)  I will definetly be checking into that!
    *Lauren*
  • Options
    ElizabethPineElizabethPine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Etsy. A few friends of mine got the wedding jewelry there, and it was beautiful! And they have a huge selection!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards