Texas-San Antonio
Options

Vendor Reviews, part one

This will be an ongoing post, so here goes:Debi's Bridal: A+ Loved my dress beyond words. Went in with no appt., was waited on by the owner, not coerced into anything outside of my budget or tastes. Also bought my veil there- for a 50% mark-down!! In-store seamstress (Maria) is very talented and reasonably priced. Dress came in before expected. Also got tuxes there- good selection, good prices. Only caveat: Debi's husband works there, too, and is not as knowledgeable as she is, so call first to see if she can help you.Folawn's Salon (Blanco Rd.): A+ Hair, makeup, nails and pedis for me, my Mom, and all BM's. Hair $55, makeup $35, tip included in price. Brooke did my hair- amazingly!! I took in a few pictures, we chatted, free wine..:o) At my trial, when I didn't love the first attempt, she stayed after her shift was supposed to be over to re-do it. Day of the wedding it was almost exactly the same, and didn't come out with my veil while dancing. Tony did my makeup- they use all Aveda products. Caveat: bring your own mascara or false lashes if you want them. Even Tony doesn't like Aveda mascara, and he sells it. All my girls were happy as well, and got many, many compliments..:o)Nadler's Bakery: B We paid $500 for both cakes. I ordered the cakes very early in the planning process, and decided partway through I wanted coconut instead of vanilla cream for the cake flavor. When I told them this, they responded, "Well, we don't really do coconut because no one likes it." I asked- can you? "Well, yes, but we don't like to." I said, well, I'd like you to- and was told no!!!! I'm the bride- I like coconut, and they chose not to do it. The cake tasted great the day of, though. Also, I did a custom design for the groom's cake (best sugar free cake ever), and it turned out just like I wanted.The Witte Museum: A+ Event Co-ordinator: Lauren Smith, A ++++++No, it wasn't cheap, but the museum was absolutely worth it. We were able to go visit as often as we liked, tour the grounds, meet with vendors there during the planning process, etc. Lauren was AMAZING!!!! Very quick to return emails, friendly, intelligent, knows her job very well. When we hit snags, she worked tirelessly to help iron things out. Example one: My original caterer went out of business, and transferred all her existing contracts to another company- who was not on the 'approved caterer' list for the Witte. I called Lauren, and she scheduled a meeting with her boss and their boss to go to bat for me and help me out. In less than 2 days, everything was back on schedule and all it took from me was a frantic 5 minute phone call.Example two: It rained on my wedding day. My beautiful, outdoor sculpture garden courtyard wedding day. Lauren called me that morning to talk about our options. She called back at 2pm to ask if we could move it inside. I begged for another hour while I prayed for the skies to clear, and she held off the set-up crew to buy me time. When we had to call it, she helped set up chairs herself in order to make up for the lost time, and helped decorate the indoor space last-minute. She even gave me a thank you gift and card to congratulate DH and me on our wedding day. Amazing.Bonus: They rent white wooden folding chairs with padded seats for $3 each. You cannot beat that price.

Re: Vendor Reviews, part one

• Options
    jdv7700jdv7700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you don't mind me asking, i have been looking at the witte museum and wondering about how much you paid for the site, tables/chairs, and food thru one of their caterers??? i just want to know if it will be over my budget?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards