Ohio-Toledo
Options

Just need to get this off my chest?

So my FI and I were going to go to gettysburg and williamsburg for our honeymoon. The thing was that we don't have a very reliable car. We asked my parents if we could borrow their Liberty. They said yes. Then my sister and her husband decided to go Gatlenburg. They have reliable cars but still asked my parents to use their liberty. My patents went back on their word on us being able to use the car to let my sister use it. Now we have to give up our honeymoon. I am so upset. I mean my FI struggle really bad just to make ends meat. Unlike my sister when it got hard I didnt just move back with my parents I went and stuck it out. I am just so upset. I don't know what to do or how to comfont her. She is my older sister and she always makes things about her

Re: Just need to get this off my chest?

• Options
    rinoa0587rinoa0587 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, that really stinks and I can totally understand where you're coming from. its my stepmom who does it to me and my sis though. If I were you I would just call her and ask her to come over so you can sit down face to face and talk. ask her if she'd be willing to be fair and take her own can so that you and your fi can enjoy your honeymoon without having to worry about half of it stuck in a truck stop because your car blew up. maybe if you're polite ablout it, she'd be nice, but I don't know your family so thats just a big assumption. I really hope it works out cuz I think thats pretty cappy of your sister and your rents to do that to you.
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what your relationship is like with your sister, but is it possible that she's not aware of what the original plans were? I mean, if she did know and still is borrowing the car...I would flat out let her know how hurtful that is.  However, if she wasn't aware...maybe you guys could borrow her car instead and try to come to some kind of compromise?  That's seriously pretty crappy of your parents, though. So sorry about all of that. Good luck..I hope something works out for you with all this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
        Wel I sat down with my sister and told her politly that we had cancelled our honeymoon due to the lack of car. I said that since she asked to use my parents car after I did we just wouldn't be able to go. At first she said too bad it wasn't her fault and everything. I told I was just letting her know out of respect in case she needed somone to watch her place and feed her pets. Then she went home and talked to her husband and my mom. They both told here that she was wrong. The next day she told me we could take the jeep and they were going to rent a car. Thank god I really didn't want to have to give my one trip I deserve
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I'm so glad it worked out for you...and I'm glad your mom came around, too! Enjoy your trip...and when you do go...let me know how it was! I've always wanted to take a trip there too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards