Favors

Chocolate 3 tiered wedding cake favors

So I'm making my own favors and have pretty much figured everything out except for how to store them.  I've looked online and have found quite a few ideas but I wanted to check on here to see if anyone has dealt with this issue before.  My wedding is in July and I need to know when is a good time to start making the favors (how far in advance) and how/where do I store them?  

Any and all help is greatly appreciated  Laughing

Re: Chocolate 3 tiered wedding cake favors

• How many people are going to be at your wedding?  Will anybody be helping you to make the cakes?  My grandma used to make cakes months in advance and then freeze them.  The only problem with that is the cake tends to get dry if you don't preserve them properly.  Depending on how many people you are inviting, or how much time before the wedding you have to devote, I would start making the cakes a few weeks in advance, properly wrap them (totally cooled, in saran wrap), and then freeze them.  If you are decorating them, as well, you will want to do that just shortly before the wedding (a week max).  Good luck!
  • Thanks for your response, the cakes are actually made of chocolate candy, not real "cake", I forgot to mention that in the original posting.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards