Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Tea Dying a vintage veil

I am borrowing my fiance's mother's veil for our wedding....it is a chapel length so it had many stains and holes from 40 years ago.  I had the hold patched and then had it cleaned to remove the stains.  Of course the cleaning was necessary but now the veil is BRIGHT WHITE.  My dress is ivory.  I have read about tea dying- curious if any have tried doing this?  or know of anyone in the twin cities metro that offers this service?  I just want to calm  down the bright white - so it does not clash.  I am not looking for a match.  Thanks!

Re: Tea Dying a vintage veil

• Options
    flower_loverflower_lover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it was me, I'd buy some similar fabric and try tea dying it to see how it turns out. Once you've perfected the process, dye the real veil.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this was posted 10 days ago...but I'm going to be wearing a vintage dress. Today my sister helped me add lace straps to my dress. We ended up tea dying the straps that were originally pretty white, so it would match my dress better. We just looked it up online, and it worked great! I'm sure you'll be able to dye the veil yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards