Canada-Alberta

Roadtrip Stops

FI and I are headed out to Kelowna, BC in September and will be driving there from Lloydminster, which is right on the AB/SK border.  Essentially, we will be trekking right across AB.  Has anyone travelled from Calgary (our first stop - gotta go the Bass Pro Shop - lol) to Kelowna?  We're looking for neat places/landmarks/tourist attractions to stop at along the way.  We won't be in a real hurry as it doesn't matter when we get to Kelowna.Any suggestions would be great!  Thanks!

Re: Roadtrip Stops

• edited December 2011
    I've done that route quite a few times... We are always in a hurry so don't stop at alot of places, but some interesting places along the way are revelstoke, the shuswaps, banff/lake louise. It is a very beautiful drive!
  • edited December 2011
    i forgot about the enchanted forest too... I've never actually stopped there. My mom's family is all from BC so we've driven by it a million times but never stopped. I've always wanted to go. You should totally stop there and post pics so I can live vicariously through you lol
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! I'll definitely have to check out Enchanted Forest - sounds interesting.  And Revelstoke for sure. Thanks again!  I can't wait to go now.
  • wadingmoosewadingmoose member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if this would be on your way or not, I've done the drive from Edmonton, then slept on the way back when we went through Calgary :)But Emerald Lake Lodge near Field, BC is gorgeous.  I almost had my wedding there, but my brother and his three kids under 5 would've killed me for making him drive 10 hours with the kids :)

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
    edited December 2011
    And I know I could've looked at a map, but I'm lazy and Emerald Lake is pretty enough that I"d take the detour for it anyway.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks Wading - I'll take a look at a map and see where it is.  We won't be coming home the same way we go out, so it might be on one trip or the other. Thanks!
  • Witchys_WomanWitchys_Woman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Radium Hot Springs for sure. It might be a tiny bit out of the way but you could always go there on the way back and travel through Banff as well.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh, hot springs - that would be good, too.  Thanks!
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mrs. Jesse.  I thought it was on the way, but I've spent so much time down there and we tend to take the long way far too often so I'm never sure what is actually on the way anywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards