Second Weddings
Options

vow renewal.. when is tooo soon

my husband and i have been married for 2 years, we wanted to be married really bad but we did not have the money to have a wedding so our  "wedding" was at the court house... the memories of my wedding are 5 people were arrested, and a lady too a warrent out on her boyfriend... we have pics but they are not great, dont get me wrong that was the best day of my life b.c i married the man of my dreams but we both want better memories.. we want to renew our vows in front of all our family and friends on our 3rd year anniversayry .... before i get to far along in the pnlanning process and get too excited what  is tooo soon?????Wink

Re: vow renewal.. when is tooo soon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's never too soon!!!! You do what you want and I think you two deserve a wedding with your family!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The day after...maybe too soon. 
    The next week...maybe too soon.
    A few months...could be doable.
    THREE YEARS??? Have your vow renewal!!!  Do it up and have a blast! You deserve it!   Laughing
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  My husband and I are in the exact same situation.  We got married in a courthouse and didn't even have a picture taken.  We knew we would have a bigger wedding eventually, and on our 3rd anniversary, we're going to have it.  I considered that too soon at first also as it is a rather odd number, but I think it feels right.  I say go for it and have your dream wedding and make beautiful memories!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me and my husband got married in the court house and was happy with that, until we both felt like we were missing something, We decided to have a wedding for our 4th yr anniversary next March of 2011. It's going to be a big wedding with all the tremmings. When we first got married we didn't have the money so that is more or less why we didn't have a wedding sooner. Our wedding day will be on March 5 and we actually got married on March 6. So I say go for it and enjoy your special day because I know I am.
  • Options
    trillsietrillsie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did the same thing.  We were married in May a tthe district justice (who was 45 minutes late).  In October the same year, we had our wedding/reception.  So silly us decided that we needed to the summer and winter as well.  Hey we already got married in the spring and fall.  So in January 2011, in front of dear friends that we have met as a couple, we will have our vow renewal and party.  Some summer we plan on going to Niagra Falls just the two of us.

So is it too early?  Oh no way!  Enjoy your special day with your family and friends and celebrate the love you have for each other.  Nothing could be grander.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards