California-Orange County
Options

Help...which Month?!?

I am having some date indecision! We are having our wedding by the beach in San Clemente, CA and I just can't decide on a date. Our choices are May 2 or August 22. May can be cold and foggy but August can be hot and yucky. So many positives and negatives to each...ugh. What do you ladies think will be the best date in terms of weather and getting the best pictures?!? Thank you!!!!

Re: Help...which Month?!?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i would pick august. my birthday is in may and EVERY year i tried to plan an outdoor event for it, the weather sucked.. but thats just my opinion. i would rather have a short sweet ceremony in the warm sun that have ruined hair from a foggy misty gloomy day. plus sun makes me happy and marriage is a happy time so it just goes hand in hand. hope that helps!
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    uppsiedaisyuppsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would vote for Aug. as well. The time will also be important. The sun doesn't usually come out till about 12pm in May, if it does come out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely go for May. It's just way too hot in August.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is a toughie...cuz you're by the ocean, and you'll always get that morning fog...question is...is it gonna burn off? may is good cuz it's still springy but entering summer. but you could get gray may...we got lucky, and i swear we got the best weekend out of may when we had our wedding. as for august...i don't remember too many cool august days. but it might be okay if you're right by the beach. i want to say may though. good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married may 3rd in laguna last year and the weather was beautiful! BUT late at night it was a little cool. it can also end up foggy all day then too. August will normally be pretty hot but at the beach there is more of a breeze SO....I suppose are you more a hot weather or cold weather person? Also remember sometimes overcast weather is the best for taking pics, so theres that to consider too. :) GL!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards