Oregon

Help! I am worried about my ceremony time!

hi all - My FI and I are getting married in one of Portland's beautiful gardens in Sept. We picked a ceremony time of 3pm (the ceremony will last about 15 mins). Now, a comment the site's coordinator made recently has me all worried that the sun will be blazing at that time (there is no shade). We figured 3pm would be safe b/c it's after high noon, and before the sun slips below the trees and it gets cool. The invites have already gone out, so it's too late to change now. I guess I'm just looking for some comfort that it'll be ok. My FI and I don't live in Portland, so we're not totally familiar with sun times in mid-Sept. Feedback anyone?? Thanks fellow Portland brides!!

Re: Help! I am worried about my ceremony time!

• PDXPhotoGrlPDXPhotoGrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not at all too hot in Sept! Don't worry, I got married at 4pm in mid September. And it rained. So, worry about that instead. :)
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • rosechildrosechild member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It rained? Heavily? The whole day? How did you handle it?
  • PDXPhotoGrlPDXPhotoGrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I just drizzled for a couple hours in the afternoon. We went on with the ceremony and chalked it up to Oregon authenticity. It was still awesome. No worries!
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to PDXPhotogrl's wedding and the light rain was no big deal at all, it was kind of cool!She had parasols set out to grab before you got to your seat, I'm sure for her she was thinking to help shade you from the sun but we ended up using them for the rain, worked great!Maybe invest in some of those if you're worried?  Sept. shouldn't be too warm at all. 
  • edited December 2011
    September weather is a total crapshoot.  I expected my wedding on the 23rd to be cold and rainy and it turned out being sunny and beautiful (after a week of cold and rain).  PDXPG's wedding should have been nice but it ended up drizzling.  You never know what's going to happen!Ditto on getting something like parasols.  It works in both weather scenarios. 
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good stuff ladies, thanks! Where in Portland can I rent parasols?
  • edited December 2011
    Photogrrl and I got ours from Oriental Trading. Cheaper (if less durable) than renting. [url]http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=48/363&mode=Searching&erec=8&D=parasol&Ntt=parasol&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&N=0&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&sd=Paper+Paint+Your+Own!+Parasols[/url] You can also get cheap paper fans in case it gets hot. I'd also think about having a cooler of bottled water available.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • edited December 2011
    I would just purchase, it would be cheaper than renting and it's one less thing you have to think about getting returned and making sure they all get back to you.  You could have it be your gifts to guests.
  • edited December 2011
    What park are you getting married in?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden (in the Sellwood area). We couldn't be happier with the venue...it's beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    Rosechild- has someone hacked your account?  Or are you so excited about your venue that you're recommending it in your own post, too? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards