Ohio-Columbus
Options

Ceremony and Reception Sites

I have several places on my list that I want to check out. I was wondering if anyone has been to or has insight on any of them before I drive out? I will have around 100 guests. TIA My List: The Makoy Center Wedgewood Golf and Country Club Longaberger Country Club Oakhurst Country Club Creekside Conference and Event Center River Club at Confluence Park Bent Tree Golf Club Or do you have any other ideas? I want to have the ceremony outside and reception inside and both at the same place. My budget is about $10,000 for the entire wedding. Thanks again!!

Re: Ceremony and Reception Sites

• Options
    luebke.3luebke.3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception at the Makoy Center and I would recommend it, although I don't think you could do the Emerald Room in your budget, but probably the other.  If you end up liking it and have questions, just let me know.I checked out Creekside as well and it was beautiful, but might be out of your budget as well - it was out of mine!   Their food options are pretty expensive - I have the package if you want me to email it to you.  The room is $3500 to rent and the dinners are $20+/person
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I checked out oakhurst.....I would just say it's "okay"... I have a quote saved in my email from them...it's for 200 people....it has the service fee, food, drinks, linens, and some other things on there....for 200 people my estimate was $10,600+.....so depending on how you tweak your package I would say you could do it there for around $5000......the cordinator there was very nice and helpful, and I am not saying the place was bad or anything, but the outside leaves a lot to be desired...the golf course is pretty, but the parking lot by the entrance where your guests will be backs up to an old brick (and not the charming kind) building with overgrown bushes...the inside reminds me of an old clubhouse that could use some updating but with the right decorations could be pretty...i thought the carpet looked dirty, but I guess once you get the tables set up you won't notice.....again this is just my opinion....you should go see it...i can email you a copy of my quote, and a copy of all the info the lady sent me including contract and menus.....my dentist is a member there and he said they are hurting for business and may be negotiable on price.....I ended up choosing Pinnacle in Grove City....it only cost $800 more and a lot more is included in that price, it was also built brand new in 2007....their website is www.pinnaclegc.com I'm in love with it! If you want me to email you the stuff from Oakhurst or Pinnacle let me know!The best advice I can give you is look at all of them.... My mom at first thought Pinnacle was out of budget, but when we went looking it was actually where we got the most for our money
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you could do confluence for under 10K with a smaller room (they have several options all with different mins) For 150 we were right around 9k on our quote. We loved the ceremony site, but the big draw is the view of the river and the windows were filthy. That is kind of small potatoes but if you are paying for the view and the windows are dirty....it just changed our mind. It is defintely a budget option, they have several drink and menu options
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI used to caddy at Wedgewood.  It is beautiful and they were nice to talk with, but they were well out of our price range.  As for Confluence, we visited and I liked it at first.  The woman was helpful and the prices were decent.  However, I agree with PP that the windows were very dirty and there was garbage all over the place.  I understand that they can't control the river, but we were told they don't even make an attempt to clean it and they rarely do the windows.  Although I thought my FMIL was being overly picky at first, we felt the smaller rooms were much too small for the numbers they said and are pretty sure you'd have to go with their larger room to be comfortable.  And another thing to consider is that apparently they had been problems a few years ago and may not be there in the future, especially considering they are already closed a good portion of the year.  Taking that into consideration, one of my co-workers had her wedding there a little over a year ago and absolutely loved it.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Creekside is sooo expensive it seemed to me. If you have your wedding on a Saturday, you MUST pay for their entire ballroom which opens up to a space that's just too big for 100 guests. We had 150 and asked the woman there if we could just section off the ballroom to make it look right, and she said they only rent out the entire space on Saturdays. I found out later from other vendors that they also felt Creekside was beautiful, but just too expensive for what they offer. FI and I went to a reception at the Makoy Center, but we were in the Emerald room, which may also be a bit big for a guest list of 100. The food was pretty good, and the space was nice. Maybe their other rooms are comparable? The Longaberger Country Club is near my hometown, and I know it would fit very well into your budget! I looked into them, but my biggest negative comment is that is so far out in the middle of nowhere! We had a lot of OOT guests flying in and it was just too far from the airport to make sense for us. The people seemed really nice, and the food I've had there in the past was yummy. If you provided transportation to and from hotels in the area, I think it might be a nice option for you. :) GL and HTH! :)
  • Options
    MynewcutieMynewcutie member
    edited December 2011
    My Fi is also from Newark and almost all of our guests but 4 are in Columbus. So I think I would love to check out Longeberger! ***Luebke*** Could you email me that info please, my email is Mynewcutie@hotmail.com. Thank you!! Thank you all for your help!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mynewcutie -- I have a bunch of information that the coordinator at Longaberger sent me when I was first interested. If you'd like me to send it to you, let me know! :) Your FI graduated from NHS?
  • Options
    writtenblisswrittenbliss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure whether these options would be fancy enough for your tastes, but you might want to check out the Westerville community center and Everal Barn at Heritage Park (also in Westerville). Our wedding was more rustic, but the barn is a great option for a ceremony/reception on the same site ... that's what we did earlier this month!Anyway, just thought I'd put that out there. ;)
  • Options
    shlittertootsshlittertoots member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could check out the Graystone, it's downtown and capacity is 104 people...our budget is $10,000 too for the whole thing, so by having it there were limiting our guest list so it won't get out of control.  You don't really have to decorate much there b/c it's smaller and has a lot of ambience and character, so we don't have to spend a lot on that.  They have different packages depending on how much you want to spend; just check out their website...the bulk of our budget is going to be on the reception, so we're spending less on other areas.  You could get married at Schiller park or elsewhere nearby, or if you change your mind, you can have the ceremony and reception at the Graystone.  If you need budget ideas for photographer, dj, dress, cake, etc. let me know...we're getting married in June but we've already put down deposits on a lot of stuff and we're under budget on a many areas already.  You could also check out the Northbank Pavilion, that was a smaller sized venue.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    chaseglchasegl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HATED Oakhurst.  PP is correct that the outside is really unattractive.  When we went, they were set up and waiting for a reception.  When we walked outside onto the attached porch, though, there was a big pile of vomit.  The staff walked by it and knew it was there but made no effort to clean it up. I was appalled.  They were nice when I spoke to them on the phone, though.I really liked Creekside.  It's a beautiful area.  We decided against it, though, because there's just no place close for guests to stay. Most of our guests are OOT, so convenience is important.Bent Tree isn't too bad.  Not particularly attractive, though.I second a PP that you should check out Everal Barn in Westerville.  I think it's beautiful.  We would have definitely considered it if my mom hadn't gone crazy with the guest list.Good luck.
  • Options
    chaseglchasegl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and Everal Barn definitely has a nice outside wedding location.  With creekside, it's pretty but you have to reserve the outside area separately through parks and rec.  It's right next to an outside dining restaurant, if that matters to you.Check out Westerville Women's Club, too (or something like that).  It might fit what you're looking for, and I hear it's reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your great advice and input, this helps alot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi There!We're having our reception at the Courtyard Marriott West.  It will cost around 5700 total with about 100 guests.Good Luck!
  • Options
    Chevy218Chevy218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding ceremony and reception will be at the Makoy Center in a couple weeks. We're using the Burgundy Room. Our original quote was for 115 guests (that's approximate for 150 invited) and the total was about $8000. We had some additions though... shuttle, centerpieces, etc. So far I've enjoyed working with Linda and everything seems to be going smoothly. We attended a taste testing (recommend doing so) and loved the food! They'll have the Burgundy Room set up like it would be for a ceremony so you can get a good idea of how it'l look. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sunday they are having a bridal event at the Makoy Center so I plan on going to check it out then. The place looks nice from what I seen. Thanks for all your advice!!
  • Options
    lightofdawn06lightofdawn06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been looking into booking at the Bryn Du Mansion in Granville, Ohio.  It's a beautiful facility and estate if you want a more unique venue and you can have it inside, outside or switch it at the last minute... they are very flexible.It's also fairly cheap for a venue because you get the building and then bring in your own tables/chairs and caterer. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got married this past weekend at Oakhurst and LOVED it!! All of our guests are raving about it. The food was delicious, service quick, clean, and the staff was a hoot! They were very professional and helpful all night. The view for the ceremony was amazing, very picturesque. The staff was quick and accommodating and that wasn't just for us, the bride and groom, but for all guests. There was minimal wait time at the bar all evening (good- strong drinks) and no last call. Our budget was 10,000 as well and we came in at 8000 with 130 guests. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better night. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask me! Good luck in your search!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards