South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Vendor questions

Trying to decide between a few choices for my caterer and florist. What has been anyone's experience that has used Duvall Catering or Royal Grand Catering for the food? I love Curtis and Royal Grand, but Duvall will do the decorating as well. Also for flowers....the florist at Duvall or Diane Thrower? I've heard wonderful things about Diane, but again, Duvall can do it all. Any thoughts?

Re: Vendor questions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Royal Grand...The price is great and the food was awesome!  He seems like he's nice to work with and pays attention to detail.  Also, something to consider as far as vendors.  I'm not getting married until next September and I'm definately trying to book vendors that I really believe will be here then.  With the economy the way it is, last thing I want to do it book with someone who may or may not be around!  So definately think about that when you're booking and putting down deposits.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh! Yay...ok. I just got married July 18th, and Curtis was our chef.  He was AWESOME!  We had a southern themed wedding dinner sereved family style, and he got our vision spot on.  He was the only caterer we went to that had a prepared menu and price quote to give us on the day we went to meet with him.  We had our reception at the Cotton docks at Boone Hall, and with all other Caterers, we would have had to rent a seperarate kitchen for them.  But Curtis had his own!  He also had his own serving equipment(bowls, platters, utinsels) so we didn't have to rent those either.  Over all, he saved us a ton of $$, and he was absolutly fabulous on top of that.  I would never have found him, but my wedding planner, melanie murphy, had a meeting set up with him(among other charleston caterers, Good Food, Cafe, Cru).  He was by far the most reasonable.  He responded to emails withing minutes(blackberry).  He even packed us a to go bag for my husband and me for the next day!  He was the best.  He is the company, so you really get a more personal touch.   Sorry...I just can't say enought good things about our experience with him!  Hope that helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We decided to go with Curtis at Royal Grand. He just seems so excited about being a part of your wedding. His prices are very reaasonable, his food looks incredible, and he emails you back almost instantly. I believe that we have something very special to look forward to!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards