Delaware
Options

Need a makeup artist

Anyone willing to share who their makeup artist is and how much they are charging?  The woman I had backed out yesterday (w/ two weeks to go til the big day) & I've emailed a bunch of people, waiting on replies, and wondered if any of you girls had any suggestions.I've seen some for $35ish per person, so that is pretty much what I've got my fingers crossed for since we're on a tight budget.  Of course that place is closed on Sunday (which is when the wedding is).Thanks for any replies :)Sara

Re: Need a makeup artist

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Alot of girls on here are using Gloss Salon in Newark.  They will travel to you day of, but for a trial you have to go there.  John charges $50 plus $10 or 20 for fake lashes.  I had a trial with him, PIB, but unfortunately the mineral make up didnt last too long on me, but I know its fine for plenty of people.I ended up finding Cindy Singer of Dylan Michael Cosmetics - love her!  My trial lasted 12 hours perfectly (other then lipstick) and I SCRUBBED it off before bed.  Again, Cindy will travel to you, but for a trial you have to go to her.  I highly recommend her.   She does regular or airbrush.  PIB of my trial.  I think her prices are on her website, but if not drop me a email and I can forward you her list.  tonysgurl020406 at yahoo dot com. HTH's
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!I have actually contacted Cindy (well I guess it is her) from Dylan Michael Cosmetics because she's listed on theknot :)  Just waiting to hear from her.  Good to know she has a satisfied customer :)I've looked at Gloss -- hoping for something cheaper.  Their website states $60+ for makeup.  But if I got no other choice, it's good to know others are using them & are apparently satisfied, so the money will go to good use.Thank you so much for your reply!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Salon PASCA/Via Medical Day Spa in Wilmington: 428-1388, I think they quoted me $45/person
  • Options
    Spring2009Spring2009 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Angela DeMara and she was great! I have a full review in my married bio (link in siggy). She has a website too... just google search her. Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    how many people are in your wedding party? and where is the wedding? i know someone who is good. email her xnicolevalentine@gmail.com or visit www.nikkivbeverlyhills.com to view portfolio prices negotiable
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards