Michigan-Grand Rapids

Florist

Hey Girls! I am looking for a very reasonable priced florist in the GR area. There are so many listed in the area and I don't know where to start, so I thought I would start here! I would love any recommendation or comments on who you have used! Thanks so much for your help!!

Re: Florist

• terrijasonterrijason member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Gail VanderLaan.  She also did my brothers wedding and the flowers were beautiful!   Her website is...  www.gvlfloral.com or  go to local resources under flowers she is also there!   Hope that helps!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • stefaniewstefaniew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Gail as well! She is awesome and very reasonable! Good Luck
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Dee with Elements of Elegance.  She runs her business out of her home (and yes, she has a specialized cooler for all the flowers) which allows her to keep her prices low.  She loves what she does and you can really tell - I love meeting with her, because it's like talking to a friend.  She's also been doing it for years, so she has a lot of experience.  I feel like she is always willing to above and beyond for her clients too.  :)  Anyway, you can tell her Rachel sent you!  Her website is:  http://www.elementofelegance.com/
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    im using shelly from shellys designs...  she is amazing... very reasonable too
  • Spartan5Spartan5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shelly of Shelly Designs's. She will always try to work with in your budget and can usually suggest different flowers to use that are cheaper but will still adhere to your vision. She did my cousin's wedding, my friend's wedding that I was a BM in and now mine! :o)
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Horrocks!  I got my bouquet, 3 bm's, 3 corsages, 3 bouts for less than $190.
  • javajive49javajive49 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Jeanette at J's Flowers on Plainfield, 447-0381. I'm having gerbera daisies too!
  • manda_h2004manda_h2004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Gail Vanderlaan as well - she's very reasonable, and worked within my budget - and the flowers were gorgeous!
  • edited December 2011
    Julie of Andylous floral.  She's Fantastic and so reasonably priced.  She will work with your budget.  www.andylous.com Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I am a DIY bride, and I am going using J's Fresh Flower Mkt. They teach classes and have cold storage for the flowers. They are great and easy to work with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • farmgirl82909farmgirl82909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also a DIY bride using J's fresh flower market, so far they have been great to work with and they will store your flowers for you until your wedding which takes a load off my mind because we have so much other stuff to do so I can go in Wednesday and do all the flowers and then someone can pick them up saturday morning of the wedding from the storage cooler.
  • kyleandjaymekyleandjayme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Modern Day Floral... I know they've had a reputation in the past on this board for being overpriced. But they do an absolutely AMAZING job and great to work with. They do offer "Wedding To Go" packages that are very reasonably priced... I think they start out around $500.
  • edited December 2011
    Gail VanderLaan was AMAZING and very affordable! Plus they were there right when the reception was over to help pick up the flowers and centerpieces so we didn't have to take them apart! :)
  • maxandjuliamaxandjulia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julie of andylous as well!She did a perfect job and I couldn't have been happier!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Flowers by Kim.If you are okay with using silk flowers because you're on a budget like me, she is amazing. I got my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids bouquets, 8 boutonnieres, 2 corsages, and toss bouquet plus rental of 2 candelabras, a unity candle arrangement, and 2 lace table clothes...all for $215! I got a deal!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also a DIY bride, and, J's Fresh Flower Market has been a godsend!!!!  I originally had planned on using Andicott, so, for the past year +, I have been agonizing on what I would do!!!!  I am having cream roses, and 2 diff colors of carnations, and, I am barely going over $200 for my bouquet, 4 maids bouquets, 7 bouts, and one corsage!!!! HTH 
  • LaurelNormanLaurelNorman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used Modern Day Floral... ad I have found that they are good at working with any budget! And... they do INCREDIBLE work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards