California-Inland Empire
Options

So annoyed

I told my boss yesterday that I needed to leave 30 mins early on Friday for an appointment.  Her response was that I need to give them more notice.  5 days isn't enough notice?  She expects life to happen in 2 week increments and anything that may come up I need to give 2 weeks notice for.  I got a verbal warning once about this.  
CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
my read shelf:
Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: So annoyed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Why isn't 5 days enough notice?! I guess I could see if you were wanting to take a couple days off because thats something you should know about 2 weeks ahead of time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Taking a whole day off I can understand wanting notice but 30 mins?  She is on this serious power trip.  Usually I say something back but I just let it go this time.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If its for a doctors apt they cant reprimand (sp?) you.If its a personal apt then yeah they can :0(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She asked if it was a medical appt.  I told her it was.  Well, it is, just not mine.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a cow! from now I would just go home early saying I was sick
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had told her it was a follow-up appt.  I had gone to another last week.  OK, so what if I had tests run and something came back abnormal and they called me back in to check it out...yea, that scenario could have been the case and I would have went off on her if there was something really wrong with me and she was being dumb about it like that. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL Syl.  I get tempted to take the whole day off!  The owner told her before to let us take care of our stuff (appts, etc.).  she would rather us come in and leave early than call off the whole day.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think she can deny you if its for a dr's appt
  • Options
    sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Id go off on stress leave to teach her a lesson!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let this scene play out in your head...  Kasi 8 1/2 months pregnant, has asked to start her maternity leave 2 days before her due date.Suddenly she goes into labor 1 week before her due date...  The boss says "No, you can't go to the hospital, your leave starts next week."THAT'S EXACTLY how she is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shannon nailed it!  That is her.  They have done this to someone before when a guy's wife was pregnant. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is really stupid she is being like that over 30min. Be careful that she isn't looking for a reason to fire you it seems when bosses start getting really strict like that is when they are looking for a reason to fire people. Also be careful about talking back to her so she doesn't try and fire you for that. That has to be so frustrating to have a boss like that :( Is there anyone above her that you can go to?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This chick has been trying to find anything she can to get on me since day one.  I used to get written up all the time for the most random and petty things.  I would actually love to get fired but the owner won't let that happen.  I'm too valuable.  My main boss has told me that he was told to keep me happy.  There's no one I can go to.  she's married into the company.  I've tried...
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    SandraRay2008SandraRay2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww thats crappy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards