Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Videographer or No Videographer

I am debating whether we should hire a videographer for our wedding next May...What were your experiences, was it worth it, and who did you use?  Thanks!

Re: Videographer or No Videographer

• Options
    ayoung22ayoung22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely!  We used Peter Soby with sobyVISION.  I posted some vendor reviews below and his contact information is there too.  I would highly recommend him. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our church included a dvd of our wedding, but we hadn't been planning on paying for a videographer. To be honest, we haven't even watched the DVD. I think looking through the photos has been fun enough. I think Im glad we didnt spend the extra money.
  • Options
    akardiscoakardisco member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We originally weren't going to but Chris Hamilton has extremely reasonable prices and does very good work.
  • Options
    HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't going to either until I found Chris Hamilton.  I'm so glad I did!  I have watched the highlights part quite a few times (it's the one on his website) and the rest of the video at least twice so far.  Even on the night of our wedding, I couldn't tell you what anyone said in their toasts so I was so glad I could go back and watch the video and hear them again.  Also, my grandpa did the prayer for the meal in German which meant the world to me and I'm so happy I have that on video as I have no idea how much longer he'll be with us.  It was also fun watching the part of the ceremony that happened before I walked in.  The RB chickened out and the FG walked by herself and it is the cutest thing to watch.I would at least price some people and talk to them before you decide against.http://hamiltonvideoproductions.com/wedding_services.html
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp, you can find some very reasonable talented folks in town. Every married couple I asked loved their wedding video bc it showed them everything they missed or things that happened too fast. My MOH didn't have one and I can't tell you how many times she has pined the fact that she doesn't have a copy of the toasts people gave. We went back and forth too, but in the end, we are putting alot of money into this and I want every detail memorable. We are using Skyline Entertainment, and he was very affordable, does beautiful work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was torn on this too but couldn't justify spending that much money on it in the end.  So instead - we borrowed my husband's brother's video camera and had a friend (husband of my personal attendant) tape the ceremony and important parts of the reception (i.e. walking in, prayer, toasts, first dance, and random dancing throughout the night).  Now I don't have the nice editing or songs in the background as it's playing, but I can still re-live the day whenever I want.  And it only cost me the $20 gift card to Scheels that we gave him as a 'thank you' for doing it. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards