Texas-Houston
Options

NEED FLORIST!!!!

Help! Does anyone know a cheap florist that is good in the Houston Area. The one recommended to me already said she would do everyting for a price and then when she gave us the paperwork it was twice as high!!!!
Photobucket We're Married!!!!

Re: NEED FLORIST!!!!

• Options
    krisi14krisi14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should try Central Market....ask to speak with Scott. He is great to work with and does beautiful work. Fairly inexpensive but it all depends on what you consider expensive and whether you will supply vases or if he needs to get them from you. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My florist is excellent. Her name is Nikki Jordan and she can work with any budget if she worked with mine. 

832-689-6927
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does your florist work from her home? I found out that most florists that have shops tend to be more expensive. I was already looking to do the whole HEB look.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    agreed about central market, but go with lisa wright, the department manager. her taste is amazing.
    To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wildflower; hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour. -William Blake, "Auguries of Innocence"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!!! I live in Corpus and I dont know any florist in the houston area. We have a tight floral budget and I need to find something I am happy with in my budget... I will be calling them monday!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work next door to central market, and I agree with PP; they do a great job in the floral department!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    But how are they price-wise?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So not sure where you have been but this has been a HUGE headache with us.  My florist I originally hired (and later fired) was Phyllis Tran-do  not use her she was  horrible.  She decided she was going out of town during my wedding and that I could just pick up my flowers two days before the event.  Then when we fired her, she charged us 10% of the fee for NOTHING!  Of course this happens two weeks before the event...then we upgraded as to avoid this and went with Suzanne from Suzanne's flowers in Sugarland.  I have seen her other work and loved it and I am excited to see what I will get.  I can keep you posted. 
    As far as prices I think it depends on what flowers you use.  Calla lillies and Casablanca lillies are spendy!!!  Roses intermediate and then there was the carnation which Suzanne wouldn't let me use.  Have you looked at what color flowers you would lilke to use?  Do you want to offset the bridesmaids dresses?
    Okay I am not sure if this is helpful but I definetely wanted to tell you what NOT to do...If you need some contact information or more questions to get the creative juices going let me know.  Best of luck planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, we had a florist but when she sent the contract she was about $400 higher than we discussed and she couldnt even tell me what flowers she was using.. she just said may or may not be some of the following flowers... UH NO.. I am not forking over all that money to not even know what flowers are in my bouqet. So I called All that Blooms and spoke to the nicest person and she gave me a good quote.. I just wanted to get a couple more quotes before booking a finall one. 
  • Options
    jorgemega10jorgemega10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Senter Piece is very reasonably priced and easy to work with.
  • Options
    jobie02jobie02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Floral Events - Bill Ryan.  He did an EXCELLENT job and was very reasonable price wish.

I ordered a bouquet for my bridals from Central Mkt and they just forgot to make it, despite having the order right there... I would not trust them for something as big as a wedding.  Get someone who does weddings all day, every day.
  • Options
    hallmr3hallmr3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Camilla Bauer - Heaven's Rain Floral Design
    AMAZING!!!
    She is priced EXTREMELY well too!
    281-635-1353
    www.heavensrain.net
    Mary Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mpwdpwmpwdpw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Heather with Flowers to Envy.  She has been awesome!  The first quote was a little high but she worked with me and I  finally got it down to where I wanted it to be.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards