Illinois
Options

Candice's in Springfield

So I went to Candice's Bridal Shop and found 2 dresses I really love. The only problem is that she wouldn't let me take pictures of myself in the dresses and the tags have been ripped out of the dresses so you don't know who makes them. I asked if she could tell me and she said they don't give out the designers names until you purchase the dress. Should I go ahead and buy a dress from here? Has anyone else gotten their dress from here and had a good experience?

Re: Candice's in Springfield

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine purchased her dress from them and loved it. She also had all of her bridesmaids go through them. I went shopping there and found 2 dresses I liked, but didn't LOVE either. I ended up going to Michelle's in Urbana and found the one. Plus, since my bridesmaids are getting their dresses their I got a 10% discount on my dress. I hate it when places won't even tell you the designer. That always sounds sooo shady to me. Luckily, I didn't have that problem at michelle's. If you can get onto candice's website it lists some of the designers...maybe you could look through their sites and see if you can find the dresses you liked? Then you can bargain shop and call other stores to see how much it would cost through them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I just remembered... I know another woman who bought her dress from Candice's and she didn't have any problems.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have issues with Candice's... Those dresses aren't made special for them as they'll tell you. I found my designer and ordered my dress elsewhere. Too shady for me! And, I hated they wouldn't let you take pictures! Like you want to spend $1000 and not see what you look like in it! Good luck... And Alluring Collections in Chatham is great!
    BFP#1: 3/9/11 Natural m/c: 3/21/11
    BFP#2: 7/21/11 DS born 3/23/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards