Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Cake Cutting

We are having such a hard time finding a fun song for the cake cutting. We dont want to do anything slow and we want it to be different from the ususal "sugar sugar" , etc. Any upbeat suggestions?TIA!

Re: Cake Cutting

• edited December 2011
    Christina Aguilera's "Candy Man" U2's "The Sweetest Thing" "Love You Madly" by Cake (hopefully the younger guests will get that)
  • edited December 2011
    we used Grow old with you by Adam Sandlar
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    -Sugar, Sugar - The Archies-Build Me Up Buttercup-Never Knew Love Like This Before - Stephanie Mills-How Sweet it is to be loved by you-Love theme from "St. Elmo's fire"
  • edited December 2011
    We're using 1,2,3,4 by the Plain White Tees
  • edited December 2011
    I decided on "Cherry Pie", by warrant........its different and fits in with a lot of my other music choices.
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing pour some sugar on me Def leppard
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Suga Suga-The Archies Sweet Thang-Mary J. Blidge How Sweet It Is-Marvin Gaye Hit Me With Your Best Shot-Pat Benatar I Can't Help Myself(Sugar Pie Honeybunch)-The Four Tops Candyman-Christina Aguilera
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • SKeeseeSKeesee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Recipe for Love by Harry Connick Jr.
  • ChristiejoyChristiejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I'm 64 by the Beatles. FH is HUGE Beatles fan an also 20 years older than me so it just seemed fitting :)
  • edited December 2011
    Via Con Me- Paolo ConteIt's that song with the english words "It's wonderful, wonderfull.....the rest is in italian but it's very fun I think, haven't heard it used before so we're gonna use it for our cake cutting song.
  • edited December 2011
    my fiance's favorite band is Van Halen, so we're doing "Ice Cream Man"
  • edited December 2011
    grace- that's genius! I love that song! Not meaning the threadjack here, but my FI and I have a quirky little story behind that song. The weekend I met his parents, we were laying down together at the hotel, basically just decompressing after the stress of the day, and The Wedding Singer was on some cable channel, and about two lines before Adam Sandler says "I'll even let you hold the remote control" my FI casually set the remote on me, so that when he sang those lines, it just clicked in my head. I squealed with delight, because my FI is kind of a macho-man and doesn't normally do stuff like that. I was tickled. It was so cute!! Sorry, OP, but back to your original question, I'm still torn on what song to use for the cake cutting too. So far, "Chapel of Love" by the Dixie Cups is what we've got planned, but I'd rather use something else since that does get used a lot.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards