California-Northern
Options

Question: NWR

Hello Brides-to-be!  It's the Knottie formerly known as MrsIncredible (I live on the NorCal baby nest now).  I'm just wondering (for my own marketing purposes) where are you guys finding your wedding photographers?  I've just joined Twitter and I have so many services coming at me advertising themselves as "premiere bridal search engines" so I thought that I'd come back to you guys before I make any investments.  Has anyone heard of/use OneWed?  TIA and please return to your regularly scheduled wedding planning and HAVE fun!Cheers.K

Re: Question: NWR

• Options
    Roni.CedraRoni.Cedra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found mine because I was her nanny. But originally I was going with Bella... and then hated them... and switched over to her because while more expensive, I knew I could trust her etc! Good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Aimee8314Aimee8314 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found mine at a bridal fair and then a recommendation from a friend sealed the deal.  Good luck!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just found mine through a google search.  The area where we're getting married isn't exactly a big city so there aren't a whole lot of websites that cater to weddings in that area.  So a google search worked the best.  If you live in a big city (or near one) then one of those websites will probably be more productive.I would say make sure you have a website.  Especially with photographers, the website is important to me.  I only called one vendor that didn't have a website.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of OneWed.  My uncle, who I am very close to, is a professional photographer, so of course I asked him for recommendations for our wedding.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I worked in a photography studio that did school portraits so I kept in touch with some of photographers and picked my favorite one. If you call your local photo studios they have tons of recs of photographers who do wedding photo on the side and their prices are usually very reasonable.
  • Options
    JustKJustK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, so what I'm gauging here is that aside from a Google search, very few of you found your photographer's online?  What would you say is a popular bridal show in the area?  Thanks so much for taking the time to respond!K
  • Options
    Irchik22Irchik22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went on yelp and read reviews for days, compared prices and packages and chose.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with a preferred vendor off of our venue website. He is wonderful and has a great website. I feel very lucky to have him as our photographer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are lucky enough to have a photographer in the family so the choice was easy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards