Military Brides
Options

Discounts for military brides?

Hi ladies!!
I'm aware of the free gowns through brides across america and also alfred angelo offers 15% off gowns for servicemembers. Does anyone know of any other discounts? Invitations, decor etc?

Re: Discounts for military brides?

• Options
    I don't really know of any but ask your vendors. Most of ours didn't but our DJ did knock some off. Never hurts to ask
  • Options
    I would just ask your vendors, it never ever hurts to ask. But I also wouldn't make it the first question I ask either, maybe like towards the end of the conversation with them.  I know the company I went with for my invites, Amanda with The Blue Envelope did. But I knew I was going to go with her regardless. It doesn't hurt to ask. Also - Brides Across America has a website you can go to and they have a list of their events I believe - you just have to have a copy of his orders to deploy (must be within the past 5 years - or at least thats what it was when I checked in July) you can also ask Fire about this - she was able to get her gown through that program.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    hey there :) Welcome to the MB board!

About brides across america- awesome program, as amh said- I did get my gown from there :) You have to be planning a wedding/civil ceremony within the next 18 months and you or your FI have to have been deployed within the last 5 years to Afghanistan, Kuwiat, Iraq, Quatar, Bahrain, Libya, or Japan (or you or they have to have orders to go there). You have to bring your driver's license (or Mil ID if you're the servicemember) and you have to have a copy of the orders/deployment papers that state the time/dates of the deployment and the location where you/FI were sent. 

Also, there were brides who camped out overnight. I got there just before the store opened and I was 45th in line- so plan to be early (I would have waited overnight, but I couldn't because of a work thing) especially if you're a smaller or bigger than "average" person because each store has a limited number of gowns that they donate to the program. Once they're gone, they're gone. At the store where I went, it wasn't anything in the store- just a certain selection. Some of the gowns had something broken on them that needed to be fixed (like zippers, etc), others were older, others were just ones that they had decided to donate to the program. 

I would definitely do it again because I LOVE my gown. It was worth the hours upon hours of waiting (I waited about 4.5 hours before I got to try on my first gown- so I found it around the 5 hour mark; they don't let people stampede- you get a number and you pick your gown before the next girl is allowed to go, etc).  

HTH!!
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    Do month long detachments to Japan qualify?  Lol... doubt it.  Oh well =]
  • Options
    detachments don't qualify- deployments do. I believe I read somewhere that it had to be a deployment of at least 6 months to qualify (which is about as short as you can get a deployment to be anyways, right?)

sorry :/
    wedding1 Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards