New Jersey
Options

WDYT of my invites?

Here's my rough draft of my invite.  It will be in a pocketfold.  The round thing is a sticker I designed to seal the pocketfold...what do you think of the invite and the sticker?  The pocketfold will be metallic champagne (ivory) with the invitation mat being gray and the invite being ivory.I've had a hard time with the wording as my Mom and Stepdad have given us the majority of the money for the wedding.  Whatever's not covered by them we are paying for ourselves.  I know my FI's parents won't care that their names aren't on the invite, but I'm worried my Dad will.  However, I know my Mom really doesn't want his name on it as she's very angry he's not helping with paying for the wedding.  Do you think it's ok I'm leaving him and my stepmom off?
~Chelsea~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: WDYT of my invites?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the invite is beautiful!  The only thing that I would think about changing is the dark grey of the sticker.  Unless it is just my monitor, the pink writing doesn't really pop well against the darker grey, making it hard to read.  But, the design is great!  I don't have any advice about the invite wording, that is a tough situation.  I would just go with what you have and make your mom fight that battle with your dad if it comes up.  Good luck! 
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The invitation looks great and I agree with 30may on the color of the sticker.  Can you go lighter with the gray?  I am no help either with the wording sorry.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats a tricky one... we paid for a majority of the wedding but still put everyone's names on just to 1) keep the peace and 2) i wanted them recognized; they were family, with or without money. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Will there be a problem if it says you are your stepdad's daughter?You may want to say "together with their family..." It's just easier for all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The draft looks awesome. Your mom/stepdad are hosting and you aren't putting FI's parents. I would assume that your dad will understand.If you think that your dad/stepmom will be upset, maybe you can mention it to them?All in all, do what you feel is right.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty leave the steps off, I agree about the dk. gray and pink.... little hard to see Otherwise gorgeous sorry retarded post on iPhone
  • Options
    kathymariekathymarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well the way you have it worded, it appears that Mr. Patrick is your father.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the invites, can't tell with the coloring since on my bb, no help on the wording, I am putting we with our parents type of wording, even though they aren't helping, if your mom and stepdad are helping and your dad is not I say its okay, big question is how do you feel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kathymarie, it does appear that way. This is tricky. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom definitely wants my stepdad's name with hers...she said if it wasn't for him over the years she wouldn't have been able to put that money aside for me.  "together with their families" is ideal, but my mom wants her actual name on the invite.FYI - above on the invite is my mom and my stepdad's name (not my mom and dad).  I don't think it's an issue that it says I'm my stepdad's daughter. He's been in my life since the 7th grade and I am his "daughter" so to speak.    I did however read somewhere that you could also write it "...request the honour of your presence at the marriage of Ms. XXXX's daugther".
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the pnk and gray combo!! I do agree about the pin in the label getting a little bit lost in the gray, but other than that I think it looks great! Is there anyway you could just do the, "Together with out families..." thing or would your mom not like that her name is not on the invite?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In terms of the sticker, does this lighter gray look better?  Do you think it's still too dark?
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And thank you all for your inputs on both the format and the wording of my invites/stickers.  I really appreciate it.  I guess I obviously am worried my Dad might be offended and be upset, but I just don't know if he will be. I think I may ask my Aunt what she thinks.  I want to make my Mom happy since she's helping so much, but I also don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. If I do leave it as just my Mom and Stepdad...do you think I should change the wording to: "Ms. Andrea XXXX and Mr. Patrick XXXX request the honour of your presence at the marriage of Ms. XXXX's daughter"? Instead of what's there now.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Should it be Mrs for your mom?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, she has her maiden name as her last name (never changed it, for my Dad or Stepdad's name).  So she has remained a "Ms."
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Then everything looks good to me as far as wording goes. I agree that the grey could still be a little lighter. Other than that they looks good!
  • Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the invite!! Not sure about the wording..that is tricky. Could you put: Mrs Mom and Mr StepDad and Mrs StepMom and Mr Dad invite to you to the wedding of Mrs. Mom and Mr Dad's daughter... I have no idea if that is even a way to do it...just made it up now :). Can you make the sticker just a little lighter? I am going to DIY my invtes too, let me know how it goes putting them together and what type of glue you used. If you lived closer I would offer to help so I could see how it is done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Angie! Did you see my post about 5 above yours with a revised sticker (a little lighter)? Do you think that's still too dark?
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did see it and I think just a little lighter would be good. I just love pink and want it to really pop. Maybe can you make your names and date bold? I think the scroll work is bold enough it is more the names and date.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!  I love the pink and gray :)
  • Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now that I look at your 2nd post, I think it looks light enough. I do love the gray and pink!!
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two things My dad and step mom are paying for a majority and my mom paid for flowers and dress.... my invite is like this Mr. and Mrs. Philip L and Ms. Elaine D request the honor of your presence at the marraige of their daughter Diane L to Mr. Paul J Son of Mr. and Mrs. David J Second question... what church in clifton if you don't mind me asking... i kno you blocked it out, but I'm curious cause I used to live in clifton
  • Options
    deedee1017deedee1017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my fiance and i are paying for our wedding but we put all parents on the invite because we wanted to recognize them
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DMLJ - St John Kanty...are you familiar with it?
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the color combo a lot, but with such a modern color combo, I think I'd prefer a non-cursive font?  Cursive is a more traditional and old-fashioned look.  Particularly with the squiggle design-- I think with cursive it looks a little too busy.  Maybe try just your names in cursive?I don't think "Two" and "Three" should be capitalized?I would put your dad.  Whether or not he's paying, he's your father.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree and would suggest asking all 3 sets of parents individually before finalizing the invites... I vote for including everyone... Ms. Mom Mr. Stepdad and Ms. Stepmom Mr. Dad with Michael Jason (son of Mr. and Mrs. ________) Or you can do a variation of you inviting the guests and just listing all your parents (or list all your parents as the ones inviting like above, just include all 3 sets of names): Together with our parents Ms. Mom Mr. Stepdad Ms. Stepmom Mr. Dad & Mr. and Mrs. Michael Jason' parents Chelsea & Michael request the honour of your presence as we exchange marriage vows... I like the idea of putting the "host" on the reception card
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards