Iowa-Des Moines

Hotel Blocking

For those of you ladies that blocked off hotel rooms for your guests, how did you go about doing that? Also did you have to pay a fee to block off the hotel rooms?

Re: Hotel Blocking

• edited December 2011
    I just called the front desk of the hotels I was interested in and they put me through to the right person.  You shouldn't have to pay an upfront fee to make the block, but make sure you know what their rules are for how many of the blocked rooms have to be rented by guests in order for you to not have to pay for some part of the block.  That is, some have rules that if, say, 80% of the blocked rooms aren't booked, you have to pay for the difference between what was booked and that 80% cutoff. 
  • MrsEmJayMrsEmJay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP. Just call and they'll get you to the right person. I did not have any fee associated with blocking rooms. The hotel I used has the rooms reserved for our guests up until 2 weeks before the wedding. If the rooms are reserved before this cut off date, they are guarenteed a room and a special price. After that date, the room rate goes back up and they're not guarenteed a room.  Also, I am not being charged for any unused rooms. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    hotelplanner.comSo easy to use, you get what you want (make a list), and you get a great website for people to book through. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with eveyone above! I also got an email address from the lady in charge of room blocks. The email communication has made it easy for me to send her quick emails on room block status and any other questions that arise. We just officially booked an entire hotel this weekend for our wedding, small hotel that has 55 total rooms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards