Canada-Vancouver

Yay! Vancouver!

Finally Vancouver has their own section!! Woohoo!

Re: Yay! Vancouver!

• edited December 2011
    Hey all! Another Vancouver bride here! Getting married July 24, 2010 at Hycroft Manor in Vancouver!
  • edited December 2011
    haha superkrysten are we the same person? i cant get enough of all those shows! i actually wanted to be on rich bride poor bride (producers were actually interested but FI said no because his work wouldnt allow it) i wouldnt mind trying to get on the buldging bride one (free trainer for 6 weeks sweet!) but i also dont feel like commuting to vancouver from surrey more than i have too.
  • edited December 2011
    Vancouver here! 21 Days and counting. Getting excited and nervous!
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone not doing assigned seatingat the reception? Not including the head table.
  • edited December 2011
    Nope. A friend of mine did family only assigned seating. The wedding was small (approx. 85) so it wasn't too bad, but I felt like some people got left out of tables ie. 3 people sitting with people they don't know all their other friends together.
  • edited December 2011
    Nope, we are doing table assignments. The guests can fight it out for seats! Not my Problem.
  • MichiChanMichiChan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm from White Rock but I plan to have my wedding in Vancouver, so does that count:)? I'm also not engaged but it should happen within the next year and a half as my boyfriend knows that I need a minimum of 12 months to plan and we want to get married in 2012.Cjgoods: Hycroft is one of the places I'm considering! I'm debating between Hycroft, Cecil Green and Brock House. The only thing that erks me is that they don't allow afternoon weddings (eg. 2:00 or 3:00) which I would prefer. But those locations are just so nice that it's hard to nix them!
  • edited December 2011
    have you considered swan-e-set resort?
  • MichiChanMichiChan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    colleen1414: Yes, but my boyfriend would prefer not to get married at a golf course, and Vancouver would be much easier for us and our guests to get to than Pitt Meadows. We also want to take some of our wedding photos downtown, so I guess we pretty much have to choose a venue in Vancouver:) As it's looking right now, Hycroft is our first choice.
  • edited December 2011
    we just had our wedding at Hycroft in June. At first I was worried about having the wedding so early in the morning (since they only have 9-1pm time slots for ceremonies) but everything turned out wonderful. All our guests loved the venue. It is also a great place to take photos. Our photog even recommended that we start the ceremony earlier so that we can get more photo time. Highly recommended venue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards