California-Northern
Options

Father Daughter Dance...

For those of you doing the Paul Simon song... how would you/are you going to dance to it? my dad is not happy... he thinks it is not danceable...
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Father Daughter Dance...

• Options
    legaleagleslegaleagles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its a great song and if I was dancing with my dad it is the song we would do, and I had planned to do until things went down between us in a bad way last spring and now I wont dance with him. It is a tad on the long side, but I think you can just do a normal slow dance to it. Its not super slow or wicked fast so I don't think it would be that hard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I'm on your dad's side here...Sorry! My dad really wanted this song, but I told him no because it was too fast. It's a beautiful song and I wish it was slower because I love the lyrics. Sorry, good luck though!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dad and I did "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N Roses, which seems weird for a "slow dance" ... but we did it just fine and the guests loved it.  Instead of dancing a step on every beat, we took a step on every downbeat (every other beat).  But, you do want a dance you both feel comfortable doing - I would suggest doing a run-through with the song and your dad to see whether he likes it and it works.  Good luck :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards